If you are on H4 Visa in US and eligible to apply for H4 EAD , you file form I-765 with USCIS under category C26. After you submit the H4 EAD application package, USCIS processes the package and sends you a H4 EAD Case Receipt Notice. It looks like below. You need to review the information on it so that it is all correct and there are no issues, so that your EAD card does not come with any issues. This is part of our H4 Visa Sample Documents for everyone’s reference and guidance.
Sample H4 EAD Receipt Notice – I797C from USCIS
Below is the sample H4 EAD Receipt notice and under the sample, we have details on the various fields and what they mean.
- Notice Type : The kind of notice, either receipt notice or approval notice. If you have submitted the H4 EAD application, first you will get the Notice Type of “Receipt”.
- Notice Date : This is the date when the notice was generated by USCIS system
- Case Type : This indicates the type of application that this receipt notice is tied to. In the context of H4 EAD, it should be “I-765, Application for Employment Authorization”
- USCIS Alien Number : If you have an Alien Number, you would see it here. For most of the H4 EAD holders, it would be blank.
- Receipt Number : This is the actual H4 EAD receipt number, that you can use to track the status of the application on USCIS website.
- Received Date : This is the date when USCIS actually received your application package. Usually, this is the date when they signed and received your package from mail and official date of receipt of your application package.
- Page : if the receipt notice is more than page, you will see 1 of 2 on first page. In H4 EAD context, it will be 1 of 1 as the receipt notice is only one page.
- Date of Birth : This is the Date of Birth of the H4 Applicant or H4 Holder. You need to make sure, is correct.
- Name and Mailing Address, Payment info : Below these fields, you will see Name and address of the applicant and Payment information. In H4 EAD case, you would see $410.
- Eligibility Category : You should see C26 listed as the Eligibility Category, under which you applied H4 EAD. The EAD application form is same for many other visa types, but the category is would be different. In H4 EAD case, it is C26.
- USCIS Office Address, Customer Service Number : You will also see the office address that is processing your H4 EAD application and the customer service number with bar code at the end.