What’s RedBus2US.com all about ?
Information and experiences for international students and professionals aspiring to study, work and live in US…
How it all started ?
Weird name for the website huh ? Have you ever wondered how experience would be traveling to US from a small village of 25 houses? Kumar’s journey is from a RedBus ( Govt. Bus connecting villages painted in Red in India )to Air Bus to come to US...Over the years, there is so much of knowledge we have accumulated as students and professionals…This blog is our attempt to share our knowledge, honest opinions and experiences … Over the years many of us have come together as a team with same vision to help others….
Whats Our Mission ?
To empower international students and professionals with knowledge for making informed decisions.
What are things we cover on the blog ?
Articles that address questions like
As a student aspiring to come to US you might think…
- How will it be here once you land in America ?
- How would your MS life be here in US ?
- What everyone think of you back in India ?
- Where to work when student ?
- What every student should know ?
- What every student can enjoy ?
- What is on campus job vs off campus working as a student ?
- How to get scholarship ?
- How is the education system in America ?
- Should I come to US in recession ?
- What kind of jobs will I get after MS ?
- How should I choose employer for working ?
As a professional aspiring to come to US on H1B or work visa you may think…
- What are the immigration issues ?
- What is H1b visa ?
- How to choose consulting company ?
- How to negotiate with employers ?
- How are interviews different from India ?
- What can I bring to US ?
- What is life style there? Clothes ?
- What should I learn ? How to talk on phone ?
- Should I buy car after I go ?
After getting a job and having some money in US, you may think…
- Where to invest ? US or India ? Why ?
- What can you enjoy after you get a job ?
- What can you do in USA ? What are the opportunities ?
- How to network with Desi community ?
- Should you date someone ?
- Should you do social drinking ?
- What sports should you follow ?
- Lifestyle, dress sense ? Brands ?
- How to network with others in America ?
- Should you learn to dance ? What is the edge with dancing ?
- Where to go during breaks to have fun ?
- How to plan finances here in US ?
- Should you call home every day ?Why ?
- How is American society ? What people care ? Etiquette ?
- How to impress someone ?
- Philosophy of Life in US and what good you can get out ?
- Why should you enjoy life ? How much to spend ? Why ?
Tons of questions no one writes about… We have have embarked on a wonderful journey many years ago and it has been so wonderful and we all cherish every minute of it…. we have learnt so many things down the road…. we always wanted to write our experiences and help others understand and learn..
Will we able to help everyone with this blog ?
There is a well known story, ‘A boy was running across ocean shoreline and throwing star fish into ocean to save them from sunlight. A man approached the boy and asked, “what are you trying to do here ? You cannot save all the Star fish, they ocean is big and shoreline is never ending.” The boy replied, “yeah I know I cannot save every star fish, but it does make a difference for the star fish I hold in my hand !”. Thats our philosophy !
Would love to get your experiences to share with larger set of readers. You can send it to [email protected]