If you are on H4 Visa in US and eligible to apply for H4 EAD , you file form I-765 with USCIS under category C26. After you submit the H4 EAD application package, USCIS processes the package and sends you a H4 EAD Case Receipt Notice and after the approval, USCIS will send out approval notice of H4 EAD. It looks like below. It is important to verify the information on it so that it is all correct and there are no issues as these details will be used during employment using EAD Card.
Sample H4 EAD Approval Notice – I 797 from USCIS
Below is the sample approval notice of H4 EAD, under the sample the details of various fields and what they mean are explained.
- Receipt Number : This is the actual H4 EAD receipt number, that you can use to track the status of the application on USCIS website.
- USCIS Account Number : It is usually blank, unless you have a special USCIS account.
- Case Type : This indicates the type of application that the approval notice is related to. In the context of H4 EAD approval, it should be “I-765, Application for Employment Authorization”
- Received Date : This is the date when USCIS actually received H4 EAD application package. Usually, this is the date when they signed and received your package from mail and official date of receipt of your application package.
- Priority Date : It is not applicable and would be usually empty for H4 EAD.
- Applicant : This is the applicant full name in this field. Also, if H4 applicant already had A – Number ( Alien Registration Number), then they would see their A- Number on top of the Name.
- Notice Date : This is the date when the H4 EAD approval notice was generated by USCIS system
- Page : The H4 EAD approval notice is one page , you will see 1 of 1.
- Name and Mailing Address: Below these fields, you will see Name and address of the applicant who applied for H4 EAD.
- Notice Type, Class, Validity : For H4 EAD application, notice type would be approval notice. It would show Class as C26, which defines the class of EAD given for H4 Holders and below that is the validity of the H4 EAD with start and end date.
- USCIS Office Address, Customer Service Number : You will see the office address that processed H4 EAD application and approved the same. It also has the customer service number with bar code at the end.