As we have done in previous years, we will track all the H1B visa FY 2016 news and cap count updates on this page. Did you apply for FY 2016 ? Please add your case info to H1B Visa Case Tracker. It is community driven by applicants like you and gives everyone bigger picture on where others petitions are to speak to their employers, USCIS and attorneys, if you feel it is delayed or something is not right.
Update : We are in H1B FY 2017 Season, Check out H1B Visa 2017 Cap Count Updates, News
H1B 2016 News Updates ( Latest on top ) :
- July 14th, 2015 : Official : USCIS announced that it has returned all the petitions that were not selected in lottery for FY 2016. They mentioned that, if you filed a petition for FY 2016 during Apri 1st and 7th, but did not hear anything from USCIS by July 20th, 2015, then you can contact them for details on your case. Check official press release
- May 20th, 2015 : Unofficial : H1B Petitions not selected in lottery have started to return from USCIS. One of our user reported that his H1B package was returned. See below. Check out Sample H1B Rejection Letters
- May 4th, 2015 : Official : USCIS announced that they have completed data entry of all the H1B petitions that were selected in the lottery and receipted them as well. They will start to return those petitions that were not selected in lottery. Read H1B News Alert and Analysis
- April 23th, 2015 : Students on F1 status were reaching out DSO, who in turn checks SEVIS for inquiring about their H1B case details and lottery decision. SEVIS updated that their system is experiencing high call volumes and gave guidance to DSOs to instruct students to check with their employers for H1B receipt numbers and check status on USCIS website. Read H1B Lottery Results – SEVIS Updates DSO. Below is the email sent to SEVIS users.
Source : ILW : ( http://discuss.ilw.com/content.php?4315-News-SEVIS-Asks-Students-to-Contact-USCIS-for-H-1B-Petition-Inquiries )
- April 21st, 2015 : Unofficial update : USCIS has started to send out premium processing receipt notices. Attorneys have confirmed that they are receiving premium processing petitions receipts, also our H1B case tracker is updated with many updating that they are selected in lottery and waiting for case number. You may read H1B 2016 Premium, Regular processing Time
- April 14th, 2015 : USCIS released a news alert saying that they will begin premium processing from April 27th, 2015. What it means is that the the 15 day count starts from April 27th now, instead of May 11th. Read Details on H1B 2016 Premium processing Alert .
- April 13th, 2015 : Official Update : USCIS received about 233,000 for H1B FY 2016 quota and completed computer generated random selection. USCIS conducted lottery on April 13th, first for US Masters quota to select 20,000 petitions and the ones not selected in this were added to the general quota pool to select 65,000 for FY 2016 cap. Read Summary of press release : 233,000 Petitions for FY 2016, Lottery Complete
- April 9th, 2015 ( 11 p.m. PDT) : No official update from USCIS on the H1B Lottery or cap count. In fact, there is no unofficial numbers or words even in the attorney’s community or AILA. Don’t be mislead by the false rumors spread by others on the blog as comments. Stay calm !
- April 7th, 2015 :
- USCIS Released a press note telling that the H1B visa 2016 cap has been reached. There were more petitions received by USCIS than required to meet the H1B cap of 65,000 + 20,000 petitions. USCIS is yet to announce the date of H1B lottery. Check out the Summary of USCIS H1B 2016 Cap Reached.
- April 6th, 2015 (9 AM EST):
- USCIS released a news alert on filing second petitions, when there are Delivery Service Errors. Essentially, USCIS is giving an option to file second petition, if the employer believes that there were issues with the delivery of the original petition filed due to the delivery service. The employer should include explanation for the reason of second petition, with the proof from delivery services, including a request to withdraw the original petition. Read USCIS H1B 2016 news alert Summary
- April 3rd, 2015 : No official or unofficial H1B cap count news from anyone.
- April 1st, 2015 : H1B 2016 season Starts Today !
- March 12th, 2015 : USCIS update – April 1st start Date for H1B FY 2016
Reference Articles related to H1B visa 2016 season :
- H1B Visa 2016 – FAQs – Quota, Sponsors, Cost, Start Date
- H1B Visa 2016 Lottery Predictions, Dates, Results
- How to plan for H1B Visa 2016 ?Step by Step Guide
- How to find H1B Visa Sponsors ?
- How does H1B Visa Lottery Work ?
H1B Visa 2016 Cap Count updates Tracking Table:
|USCIS Update Date||Regular H1B Cap (65,000)||Advanced Degree Cap (20,000)||Analysis and Cap Count Update Article.|
|April 7th, 2015||65,000||20,000||H1B Cap Reached|
|April 14th 2015||N/A||N/A||H1B Lottery Complete -Summary|
|Remaining H1B Cap||0||0|