If you want to apply for US Visa, you need to first fill out the DS-160 form and then later create an account on US Visa Appointment Online booking system at ustraveldocs.com. Sometimes, when you are trying to create an account you may get an error that says as listed below
“Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.”
“User could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last Name are entered as they are in your passport.”
In this article, we will review the common reason for this error and and how to resolve the issue.
Why do you get the error “User Cannot be created..”?
When you try to create an account on USTravelDocs Portal website, USTravelDocs.com, sometimes, you may get the error: “Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted. User could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last Name are entered as they are in your passport.” It looks like as in the below screenshot.
It can be very confusing at times, when you see this message as it may not even occur to you why you got the error. You may reach out to support, still you may not get the right solution.
The simple reason you get this error is because of one of the below reasons
Account Exists using the same email
- You might have already created an account in the past on USTravelDocs.com in the past and totally forgot about it. When you try to create a new account, the message is misleading telling that something is not right. The system does not tell that you already have an account and you can be confused.
- Usually, this can happen when you worked for a company and they used your email id to create an account for you in the past and you totally forgot it. We will look at how to solve this in next section
- Also, sometimes, you might have sent an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a similar email id relevant for your country and they would have created an account for you in the CGI Federal system without your knowledge. It is strange, but can happen more often than you think.
Entered Characters that are not allowed
Sometimes, you may get this error because you entered some characters that are not allowed as well. It could be a dot or extra space or something that the system is not liking it and giving this error.
Unfortunately, the system is not smart enough to give you the right error message.
How to solve “User could not be created” Error
First, you need to double-check the email you entered during the signup process and if you still have access to the same email. If you still have access, then you are in luck. The fix is simple, click on the “Forgot Password?” link in the bottom and in the next screen you will need to enter the email id. It looks like in below
If the email was correct, You will get a confirmation message on the screen like below screenshot saying “An email has been sent to you with your temporary password“
You will get an email with the login and password information, you can use that to login to the USTravelDocs system. Below is the email from them.
That’s it folks. It may sound simple, but sometimes, we might wonder as simple as the ‘forgot password’ button does the trick.
What was your experience with the issue? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
You may also check similar error that face USTravelDocs System below
- How to Check US Visa Status Online? CEAC Website, Errors Info
- How many times can I reschedule my US Visa Appointment? India? Others?
- Your Group Size is larger than the Current Allocation – U.S. Visa Error, Fix ?
- Error occurred while loading a Visualforce Page – US Visa Appointment
- Your personal details match the profile which already exists – US Visa Error
- Change US Consulate interview location on DS-160 after Submission?
- US Visa Stamping: Passport Tracking Statuses Meaning at USTravelDocs
- Sorry, you have been blocked – USTravelDocs.com Error, Solution
- Petitioner Name, Info in US Visa Appointment – H1B, H4, L1, L2?