To apply for US Visa Stamping at a US Consulate or US Embassy, you need to use the US Visa Appointment Online booking system at ustraveldocs.com. The actual online appointment booking system is redirected to CGI Federal website that runs on Salesforce’s force.com platform. Sometimes, when you are trying to book an appointment, you might see the error “Your group size is larger than the current allocation”. In this article, we will review the reason for the error and how to fix the same errors based on past user experiences.
“Your Group Size is Larger than the current allocation” : US Visa Appointment Booking Error
In the below sections, we discuss the reason for the error, why it occurs, and what are the common solutions as suggested by previous users who got the same error.
What is the Issue ? Why this error ?
When you are trying to book US Visa Appointment for an in-person interview, dropbox appointment, or for biometrics at VAC, you may sometimes get the error that says “Your group size is larger than the current allocation”. It looks like in the below screenshot. Below are the common reasons for the issue and the error.
- Scheduling Biometrics at VAC or OFC Center : You may get the error, “Your group size is larger than the current allocation”, when you are trying to book Biometrics Appointment at an Offsite Facilitation Center (OFC). The OFC center is now called as Visa Application Center(VAC) and same as OFC. Basically, you get this error when you are scheduling OFC Appointment or VAC Appointment.
- Scheduling In-Person Consular Visa Interview Appointment : You may get the same error when you are tying to book the in-person Consular visa interview appointment in the second step after booking the OFC or VAC Appointment.
- Emergency Visa Appointment Booking : You can get the error, “Your group size is larger than the current allocation”, when you are trying to book the Emergency Appointment(EA) slot after your EA request was approved by the US consulate or US Embassy.
- All Visa Categories : This same error can appear for all visa types like H1B, H4, F1, B1/B2, etc. It is not specific to a particular visa type like work visa or student visas.
What is the reason for the Error “Your group size is larger…” ?
You may get this error for a variety of reasons. One of the most common reasons for the error is the fact that the appointment slots are not available when you are trying to book the slot, especially when you go to the appointment booking page.
When you navigate to the visa appointment booking page, the online booking system gives you the open slots available at that point in time like that minute and second. By the time you figure out and select the date and time, it could be some seconds or less than a minute, the previous slots that were showed may not be available as others would have taken them.
Now, when the system tries to book you the slot you selected and confirm it, it re-checks the same again and if the slot was already taken by someone else, it will show the error “Your group is larger than the current allocation“. Sometimes slots fill up fast and within a minute or so and you may lose the slot. That’s why you get this weird error. There is no holding of the slot in the system for you for some time, when you are on that page. That is the reason for the error.
How to fix the error “Your group size …” ? Solution ?
Below are some common solutions that were suggested by USTravelDocs support and many of our users in community, who spoke to the customer service and resolved the same.
- Try after few hours : As per USTravelDocs Support, the most common issue is due to lack of appointment slots. They suggest to check for the appointment after every 5 to 6 hours and see if this error occurs again. If there are slots available, you would be able to book.
- Call the Customer Service : If the error still exists after few hours, then you should call or email the USTravelDocs Customer Service. This email and phone number varies by country. For India, the support email is firstname.lastname@example.org and share your issue, they will guide and fix the error. They would sometimes do something in the backend to fix the error. It depends on your case and why you are getting the same.
- Approved Emergency Appointment Request, not able to book Slot: If the above two options do not work and in cases where you have EA request approved, but continue to get the above error “your group size is larger than the current allocation”, then you can email the consulate you are booking EA appointment with and attach your EA request details again asking for help. You should get a response in 1 to 2 days, if not follow up. Check US Consulates India Emails and Phone info.
What was your experience trying to solve the error? Share your experience in the comments below.
You can also check out details of other common errors like “Error occurred while loading a Visaualforce Page” or “Your personal details match the profile which already exists in our database...”