This page tracks latest H1B news, updates, info for fiscal year 2018, official & unofficial 🙂
Latest News Updates – Official and Unofficial ( Most recent on top ):
- Sept 18th, 2017 ( Official ) : USCIS resumes premium processing for application that were filed for FY 2018 and still awaiting result. Still premium processing is not fully available for transfers and extension petitions yet. Check USCIS press note
- July 19th, 2017 ( Official ): USCIS Updated in the form of a press release that they have returned all the unselected petitions for FY 2018. What this means is that you should see the rejected petitions that were not selected in lottery in couple of weeks or so. They also gave guidance that, if you have not heard anything by July 31st, you can reach out to USCIS. Check USCIS Press note
- June 14th, 2017 ( Unofficial) : Immigration attorney have reported that they are seeing rejected petitions packages received by them and they have shared sample H1B rejection copies of the same. We are yet to hear from USCIS, but the whole idea is that rejection packages are on the way…
- May 1st, 2017 ( Unofficial) : We see more and more checks cashed and receipt notices as reported by our readers. If you have received one, good..if not, do not worry, it is not over yet. Read H1B Lottery Results Date – Game Over ?
- April 17th, 2017 ( Official ) : USCIS released a press note indicating that they received 199,000 petitions for FY 2018 quota. Check article : Summary of FY 2018 H1B Cap Lottery 199k Petitions
- April 13th, 2017 ( Unofficial ) : ImmigrationGirl, an attorney’s blog, confirms that one of their H1B petitions Masters’s cap checks were cashed yesterday. It is weird that USCIS is processing the petitions, without announcement. It means that Lottery was done to some extent at least Masters quota, but announcement is yet to come.
- April 7th, 2017 ( Official ) : USCIS made a press release on April 7th indicating that they have received enough number of petitions for both regular and Masters Quota. Check out details at H1B Cap Reached Press Release Summary.
- April 3rd, 2017 ( Official ) : USCIS made few announcements today to report and prevent H1B visa program fraud. New measures include that anyone can report H1B abuse to USCIS, new memorandum on computer programmers eligibility for H1B visa. Check summary at USCIS -H1B fraud prevention, memorandum
- March 15, 2017 ( Official ) : USCIS Release official press note stating that they will accept H1B Petitions for Fiscal year 2018 quota starting from April 3rd, 2017. Missing info from the press release is on the H1B Lottery scenario. More details at : Summary of Press Release April 3, H1B 2018 .
- March 3, 2017 ( Official ) : USCIS released a press note indicating that they are suspending premium processing for H1B petitions filed this season for upto 6 months. Check out Summary : H1B 2018 Premium processing Suspended
Key Timeline for H1B 2018 Lottery and Results, Premium Processing :
- H1B 2018 Lottery Date : You can expect the H1B lottery date to be in the week of April 10th, 2016. Last year, the lottery was conducted on April 12th and the year before it was April 13th.
- H1B 2018 Lottery Results : This depends on many factors and there is no set date. Last year, USCIS did a news alert indicating that they have returned all the rejected H1B petitions on July 8th, 2017. So, you can expect the last date for receiving lottery decision around mid July 2017. …depending on the number of petitions filed this year, it may be earlier or even later in July or even early August 2017…
Reference Articles related to H1B visa 2018 season :
- H1B Visa 2018 – FAQs – Quota, Sponsors, Cost, Start Date
- H1B Visa 2018 Lottery Predictions – Data Analysis
- How to find H1B Visa Sponsors ?
- How does H1B Visa Lottery Work ?
- What’s USCIS regulation on H1B Lottery ?
H1B Visa 2018 Cap Count updates Tracking Table:
|USCIS Update Date||Regular H1B Cap (65,000)||Advanced Degree Cap (20,000)||Analysis and Cap Count Update Article.|
|April 7th, 2017||65,000||20,000||H1B 2018 Cap Reached|
|Remaining H1B Cap||0||0|