USCIS released a press note saying that they have received enough number of H1B petitions for fiscal year (FY) 2012. i.e, they have notified that November 22, 2011, will be the final receipt date for H1B petitions filed towards FY 2012 quota. Also, as you know, Masters degree quota cap was reached on October 19, 2011. Below is a brief summary.
Summary of Press release by USCIS on H1B visas FY 2012 cap :
- Regular quota cap ( 65,000 visas) reached on November 22, 2011
- Masters degree H1B quota cap ( 20,000 visas) reached on October 19, 2011
- Final receipt date for H1B petitions filed towards FY 2012 quota is Nov 22, 2011
- USCIS will only consider petitions that were properly filed and physically received by them until Nov 22, 2011 and NOT post marked.
- H1B petitions for FY 2013 quota will be accepted from April 1, 2012
- USCIS will continue to accept cap exempt petitions, there is no deadline of cap reach date for these petitions.
Check out the H1B filing trend by visiting H1B visa FY 2012 Tracker Graphs