Series: Settle in US or India? Life in USA vs. India? Move back?
If you were to ask any Indian or international living in US, this is probably the most thought or discussed question: “Settle in US or go back home?” There are similar thoughts for people in India or any other country too. I lived in India and US for quite some time, so I can share my thoughts on both of them. Some of the common questions everyone encounter are :
- Life in USA vs. Life in India ?
- When should I leave US and go back home ?
- Is it good to settle in US or return home country India ?
I can keep on writing the questions. In fact, one of our readers requested to share my thoughts on this topic..their logic is, if you are an IT person, you can choose to settle wherever you want to either US or India…you just have to make a decision….I think it makes logical sense…
Anyways, I plan to write a series of articles corresponding to this question. My goal behind the series is to give my perspective and let you make an educated and logical decision… All the below list of topics will be written comparing America vs. India.
Topics Comparing USA vs. India
- Work Culture, Ethics, Time – India vs. America
- Work related Politics – Manager, Salary Hike, Promotions?
- Life as H1B holder vs. GC or Citizen
- Educated H4 visa holder Life After working in India
- American Way of Thought vs. Indian Way of thought
- Personal Life, Comfort, Enjoyment
- Indian wife, American Wife, Indian Origin but US raised Wife ?
- Social Life – Meeting New people from different countries, cultures ?
- Weekends Fun America vs. India
- Owning a Home – Flexibility, Features, Cost
- Saving potential, Taxes in the U.S. and India
- Living as Family with Kids – Healthcare, Expenses
- Cost of Living – Power of Dollar vs. Rupee Value
- Family, Friends, Parents, Social Status , Respect
- Kids Education, Discipline USA vs. India
- Coaching Kids – Soccer, Football, Volleyball, Music
- Kids & Teens Athletics – Track vs. Just Cricket
- Studying Bachelors Education, Student Life
- Graduate School Education MS or MBA
- Public Facilities – Library, Community Centers, Parks
- Corruption Visibility, Impact to Common Man
- Public City stuff – Water, Electricity, Heat, Services Support.
- Transportation – Buses, Trains, Flights,
- Cars, Motor Bike, Boat – Owning and Lifestyle
- Night Life, Dancing
- Medical Care, Emergency, Surgery
- Nursing Homes – Life as an Old Person
- Helping People, Scope – Charity
- Starting a Creative Business, Success
- Things to do – Exploring, Hiking, Skydiving, Canoeing, Rafting
- State Parks, National parks, Tourism , Vacations spots, Beaches
- Time for Personal Hobbies
- Adaptability in India for Expats who lived in US
- Productive years of Employment, Retirement, Benefits
- Marriage - Looking for People, Matrimony Sites, Dating ?
As of now, these are the topics that I can think of…I will keep adding topics as I get to my mind….I plan to write from one of these topics every alternate day (not necessarily in sequence) in addition to regular articles that I write ….
If you are looking for a specific topic that’s not in the above list and you want that to be part of the series, you can leave a comment and I will add it to the list.
Stay tuned folks!
Do you like the article ?
Like and Give Google +1 for this Article :