This page will track all the latest news, both official news from USCIS and unofficial updates from community for H1B Visa FY 2021 Season
Latest News Updates – Official and Unofficial (Most recent on the top)
- June 22nd, 2020 ( Official ) : Trump signed an Executive Order that bans entry of H1B holders into US. If you are someone planning to get US visa and enter US, you cannot enter. It does not impact H1B holder filing as COS and moving to H1B status within USA. Check more at Trump H1B Entry Ban Executive Order Details
- May 20th, 2020 (Community Update) Users shared that they have received approval notices. They have shared copies as well. Check actual H1B Receipts and Approval Notices for FY 2021
- May 11th, 2020 (Community Update) : Many F1 students are waiting for H1B Receipts and updates to their Cap Gap. One of our reader, SJ has updated that his cap gap status got extended to Sep 30th, 2020 and was able to check the cap gap in his SEVP Portal. Thanks to SJ for sharing. SJ’s H1B petition was received by USCIS on April 15th and the status got update on April 29th and waiting for physical receipt notice. Below is a screenshot for your reference.
- May 8th, 2020 (Community Update) : Couple of our readers updated on the blog that they have received H1B Receipt Notice file for FY 2021. See below screenshots.
- April 13th, 2020 ( Official ): USCIS issued alert for stakeholders regarding delays with processing of data entry, receipt notices today. Check H1B 2021 Delays with Receipt Generation, Data Entry – May 1st
- April 1st, 2020 ( Official ) : USCIS announced that they have received 275K thousand H1B petitions for FY 2021 Quota in Registration Period. Applicant selected will be able download a H1B registration Selection Notice. It looks like below. Check Sample H1B Registration Notice.
- March 28th, 2020 ( Official ): USCIS updated that the H1B Lottery for Registrations is completed and employers would see results in the online portal by March 31st, 2020. Read full details at H1B Registration Lottery Completed
- March 16th, 2020 ( Official ) : USCIS confirmed that premium processing is not available from April 1st for FY 2021. For full details read H1B Premium Processing FY 2021 Updates
- Feb 21st, 2020 ( Official ): USCIS again confirmed the filing dates for registration and the submission dates for registration in a press release. It is same as before and nothing has changed. The above article covers the same dates and info. You can read USCIS press release
Key Dates for H1B FY 2021 Season
- February 24th, 10 AM, EST, 2020 : Employers can create H1B registrant accounts
- March 1st, Noon EST, 2020 : Employer can start to submit H1B Registrations
- March 20th , Noon EST, 2020 : H1B Registration period ends.
- March 31st, 2020 : H1B Lottery/ Selection Results Deadline (can come before).
- April 1st, 2020 : USCIS accepts H1B petition with LCA, full info for FY 2021
- June 30th, 2020 : 90 Days deadline ends for filing of H1B petitions for FY 2021
H1B 2021 Registration, Case Tracker
Did you submit H1B Registration for FY 2021 or filed petition for FY 2021. In general, the registration process is new and also during H1B application processing, the wait can be long and frustrating to see your status not move….You would be curious to know others status…so, to have a general view on the statuses movement for entire community, we have put together a tracker along with good graphs for analysis. It is completely anonymous as we do not capture your case number or any personal information. It is community contributed data, the more you add, the better for everyone, including You !
Reference Articles related to H1B visa 2021 season :
- H1B Visa 2021 – FAQs – Quota, Sponsors, Fee, Start Date
- H1B Registration Process for FY 2021 – Lottery
- 29 H1B Registration Process FAQs ?
- How does H1B Visa Lottery Work ?
H1B Visa 2021 Cap Count updates Tracking Table:
|USCIS Update Date||Regular H1B Cap (65,000)||Advanced Degree Cap (20,000)||Analysis and Cap Count Update Article.|
|April 1, 2020||65,000||20,000||275K Registrations Received|
|Remaining H1B Cap||0||0|
No one knows at this point. We only can tell after June 30th, if USCIS will announced anything, based on the number of petitions received by them.
No, you cannot transfer.
Well, it only means that you were not selected in first round of lottery. There maybe a second run, which no one know. If so, you may have chance. Until your status shows “Not Selected” online, you are not officially rejected for FY 2021.
USCIS say until end of Fiscal year and the context is missing, if they mean end of current fiscal year or end of USCIS fiscal year…either case, we do not know until USCIS updates us. All we can do is wait.