As many of you know, from this year, which is H1B Visa 2021 season, USCIS started the new H1B Visa Registration process and many are still filing H1B petitions for FY 2021 until June 30th, 2020. Also, USCIS announced earlier the delays in getting receipts notices for FY 2021 until early May. Now, some of our blog readers have applied in April and few have got approval notices as well. Couple of such readers, anonymous and Kiiki, have been kind enough to share their receipt notices and approval notice for everyone’s benefit and positive hope. Thanks a lot, to anonymous user and Kiiki for taking time to share it with the community, we appreciate it. You can share it with community as well by writing to us at [email protected]
Background of H1B Applicant ( Anonymous) – H1B Timeline
Applied for H1B visa and went through H1B Lottery for the last 6 years and this year got lucky in 6th time.
- Applied in early April 2021 as H1B Change of Status (COS) Petition
- H1B Receipt notice received with April 24, 2020 date.
- H1B Approval date – May 14th, 2020.
- Received H1B Approval duration for close to 3 years.
Sample H1B 2021 Receipt Notice – I797C – Notice of Action (First User)
Sample H1B 2021 Approval Notice – I-797A with I-94
H1B approved with Change of Status approval. Received I-94 as well. See below.
Background of H1B Applicant (Kiiki) – H1B Timeline
Applied for H1B visa under Masters cap with below details
- STEM OPT Expiring on My 31st, 2020.
- Submitted H1B Petition with USCIS late April, 2020.
- Received H1B Receipt in last week of April with some errors ( this is reported by many users too). The error is on the petitioner’s name, where the authorized signatory was listed as the petitioner.
- Waiting for the approval notice.
Sample H1B 2021 Receipt Notice – I797C – Notice of Action ( Second User)
Did any of you receive H1B Receipt Notice? How about H1B Approval Notices ? Share your experiences and timelines in comments.