As you all know the H1B Visa 2021 Season is different this year with the New H1B Registration Process as it started on March 1st and it lasted until March 20th. Also, today USCIS announced a press release stating H1B Registration Lottery Completed for FY 2021. Some users updated that they have got selected notifications.. One of our generous users was kind enough to share a copy of the H1B Registration Selection notice and details. Thanks a lot to our user ( anonymous for privacy) for being kind enough and taking the time to share the details with community. We really appreciate it !
How do you get Notified for H1B Registration ? Selected Status.
As per the user, they did not get any email or anything as such. They had to login to the H1B Registration Online System Tool to see the selected status. You will see the status of “Selected”, if you were to be selected in H1B registrations selection or lottery process. See below screenshot on how it looks. You will see selected status for all the registrations that were selected in the H1B registration lottery process.
Sample H1B Registration Selection Notice from USCIS
You will see “View Notice” under the action column to see the actual “Registration Selection Notice.”. This will be a I-797C Notice of Action Notice, that is similar to any other like H4 Visa I-797C Receipt Notice. Below are the various details on the form and what they all mean.
Details on H1B Registration Notice
- Beneficiary Confirmation Number : This confirmation number is the long number that would have been generated when the H1B Registration was submitted by your employer or attorney. It cannot be used to check your registration status on USCIS website. It is only used for Internal tracking and lottery purposes.
- Case Type : This indicates the type of the form. In the H1B registration case, it will be “H-1BR – H1B REGISTRATION”
- Received Date : This is the date when your employer or sponsor submitted the H1B registration online in the registration system.
- Priority Date : This will be blank as it is not applicable.
- Prospective Petitioner : This will be the employer name or the company name that is sponsoring your H1B visa petition for the applicant.
- Notice Date : This is the date when the employer or sponsor was notified regarding the H1B Registration Selection. It will be anywhere from 3/27/2020 to 3/31/2020
- Page : You will see 1 of 2 on first page. There are two pages in the registration notice.
- Beneficiary : This is the actual H1B Applicant or Employee for whom the H1B visa petition has to be submitted to USCIS.
- Company Name and Mailing Address : Below these fields, you will see a box with Company Name and address of the Company
- Notice Type : It will say “Registration Selection”. It will be same on the official copy and the courtesy notice.
You may also watch the below YouTube Video that explains the same details of Sample H1B registration notice.
Did you submit H1B Registration for FY 2021 ? In general, the registration process is new and also during H1B application processing, the wait can be long and frustrating to see your status not move….Add your case to tracker
In addition to the above fields, there will be text that will indicate the below information.
- Text Indicating the Submission : Below that you will see the details telling that Company XYZ with Employer ID number ABC submitted a registration for XXX ( Date of Birth XXX) and it was selected, …It will have conformation number …
- Filing Dates – It will indicate the filing dates for H1B Petition from 4/1/2020 to 6/30/2020 and tell the location to file H1B
- Service Centre info : This is the service centre that you need file H1B petition in the dates given above. They indicate that you need to submit a copy of this notice as well along with the petition. It is important to file it at the same location listed in the registration notice.
- Validity of the Registration : It clearly would tell that the registration for h1B is valid for XYZ company and for applicant XXX clearly with the passport and date of birth of the applicant in it. It will also tell that you cannot substitute the registration for other or transfer the registration to others. It will tell that they may reject the petition if not properly filed. Below is the actual
Sample H1B Registration Notice – Page 1
Below is the exact sample of the H1B Registration Selection Notice for FY 2021
Sample H1B Registration Notice – Page 2
Page 2 of the notice will tell details for people with disabilities, if they need any assistance. See below page 2 sample.
No, only your employer can check that using their login info online on USCIS website.
It is an electronic Notice that is generated online. You can get it by downloading it online from the selected status location. You need to click View Notice.
No, you have until March 31st for initial registration selection results. USCIS may have another round, which we do not know the details yet…
No, you cannot as applicant. Only Employer or attorney can do it.