All the H1B fiscal year 2020 news, updates – both official & unofficial 🙂 will be tracked on this page. You can bookmark this page.
Latest News Updates – Official and Unofficial ( Most recent on top ):
- Aug 15, 2019(Official ) : USCIS released a press note today indicating that they have returned all the petitions that were not selected in H1B 2020 Lottery. They say that, if you do not hear back from USCIS by Aug 29, 2019, you can reach out to them. See below screenshot. You can read the USCIS Press release
- June 7, 2019(Official ) : USCIS released a press note today indicating that they will begin premium processing for all H1B 2020 cap subject petitions starting from June 10th, 2019. See below screenshot from USCIS website. Technically, now you can upgrade your H1B petition, if you have filed it as COS or Consular processing. All in all, anyone can upgrade their case to Premium processing. Check the USCIS Official Press Release
- May 17th, 2019(Official ) : USCIS announced that they have completed data entry and will start sending out the reject notices now…Also, they may transfer some cases as well to balance the load. If you see a status change, nothing to worry. Below is the press release info screen shot. Check the USCIS Official Press Release
- April 11th, 2019(Official ) : USCIS announced today evening that they have reached masters cap and also announced completion of H1B lottery for FY 2020. They received a total of 201,011 petitions. Read H1B 2020 Lottery Completed News Summary
- April 5th, 2019( Official ) :USCIS released a press note that H1B 2020 regular cap was filled. Read H1B visa 2020 Regular Cap Filled News . check the Short Video on H1B 2020 Regular Cap Quota reached.
- April 1st, 2019( Official ) : USCIS Launched H1B Employer Data Hub as part of transparency effort to understand H1B employer’s Information on Approvals and Denials. You can check out How to use H1B Employer Data Hub
- March 19th, 2019 ( Official ) : USCIS did a press release indicating the start of H1B season from April 1st, and gave out details on Premium Processing that it will be open only for applications filed with COS. Check out all details at H1B 2020 Starts April 1st, Premium Processing Info
- January 31st, 2019 ( Official ) : USCIS published the final rule with New Registration Requirement for H1B applications on Jan 31st with an effective date of April 1st, 2019.
H1B 2020 Season Timeline for Updates – Common FAQs
When will H1B Lottery Happen ? What Date ?
We can expect the H1B lottery date to be in the week of April 10th. Last year for FY 2019 season, the lottery was conducted on April 11th, the years before it was done on April 11th, 12th , and April 13th.
When to expect H1B 2020 Lottery Results, Return Petitions ?
There is no way to know the full result for sure, until you get the rejection notice and your H1B package is returned. This date varies by load of USCIS and how they handle it. There is no fixed date as such. Last year, for FY 2019 Season, USCIS did a news alert indicating that they have returned all the rejected H1B petitions on July 30th, 2018. For FY 2018, the final petitions were returned on July 19th, 2017. So, you can expect the last date for final Lottery results and receiving lottery decision around mid or last week of July 2019. …depending on the number of petitions filed this year, it may be earlier or even later.
H1B 2020 Case Tracker
It is quite hard for applicants to know the general status of everyone to understand their situation. We have put together a tracker along with good graphs for analysis. It is completely anonymous as we do not capture your case number or any personal information. It is community contributed data, the more you add, the better for everyone, including You !
Reference Articles related to H1B visa 2020 season :
- H1B Visa 2020 – FAQs – Quota, Sponsors, Fee, Start Date
- New Lottery Process for H1B 2020 Season, Order Change, FAQs
- How to find H1B Visa Sponsors ?
- How does H1B Visa Lottery Work ?
H1B Visa 2020 Cap Count updates Tracking Table:
|USCIS Update Date||Regular H1B Cap (65,000)||Advanced Degree Cap (20,000)||Analysis and Cap Count Update Article.|
|April 5, 2019||65,000||Counting||USCIS Press Release|
|Remaining H1B Cap||0||20,000|