USCIS announced today, April 11th, 2019 that they completed H1B visa Lottery for 2020 quota. Below is the summary of the press release.
Summary of USCIS Press release on H1B 2020 Lottery Completion :
H1B 2020 Lottery Completed :
- USCIS mentioned that they have conducted H1B lottery on April 10th .
- They have received 201,011 petitions for FY 2020 Quota
- They used a computer-generated random algorithm, which is popularly known as H1B Lottery, to select the petitions for FY 2020 quota.
- Based on history we see that they used to do lottery on April 11th, this time it is one day early…
H1B Lottery Process for FY 2020 :
- USCIS confirmed that they used the New H1B Lottery Order for FY 2020, where first they conducted lottery for regular cap considering all received petitions to meet 65,000 quota and then conducted lottery to meet masters cap of 20,000 from the unselected US Master’s petitions from the first lottery pool. This is different order from all the previous years. This new order is based on the New H1B registration Rule that will be fully effective from FY 2021 season.
Masters Cap Reached :
- USCIS announced that they have received enough petitions for Masters cap and they conducted lottery for the same. There was some confusion this year, when USCIS announced that they reached Regula Quota Cap for FY 2020 and not talking about Masters cap.
Split of H1B Numbers :
- This year, they are yet to give the split of the numbers on their H1B 2020 Page for regular cap and masters cap, we have not seen it updated. In the previous years, it was updated after the release of the press note. Hope to see that updated.
Accept H1B Cap Exempt Petitions :
USCIS mentioned that they will continue to accept petitions that are exempt from the cap that fall under the below categories such as
- H1B Extensions
- H1B Transfers
- H1B Amendments
- H1B Concurrent filings
Check out video summary in under 2 minutes.
Our H1B Predictions vs USCIS actual Numbers for FY 2020 season ?
This year many were speculating based on the traffic on our site and general rules that there would be less numbers, but we predicted that it would be around 160,000 to 180,000 as listed in our H1B 2020 Lottery Predictions. Our predictions are not too far from the real numbers of 201,011 petitions. Hope our predictions gave you all insights into what’s coming up. We have been predicting H1B lottery numbers for so many years now…it will be very interesting for next year with the h1B registration rule coming into play.
What’s our take on this year FY 2020 press release ?
It is very generic press release from USCIS this year. They kept the US Masters quota cap in unknown mode for entire week and directly announced numbers of H1B lottery. The order of H1B lottery has changed, that the difference. Also, if we check H1B Cap Count History by Year we have gone up in H1B filings count back like in FY 2018 . That’s about it.
H1B 2020 Tracker – Crowdsourced for general Insights :
H1B Processing can be very time consuming and frustrating for many as it is like a black box and we need to keep waiting. Having some general insights will help the community. It is fully anonymous and used by many in the past 5 years. If you have filed a petition for FY 2020, please add your case and help the community.
[prompt type=”left” title=”Track your H1B Case” message=” Anonymously Track your H1B Case – Share and Get updated from Community.” button_text=”H1B 2020 Case Tracker” href=”https://redbus2us.com/trackers/h1b-visa-tracker/”]
How would you know, if you were selected in H1B lottery ?
Watch the below video to understand the same.
What’s after H1B 2020 Lottery ?
Many of the new H1B seeks may not know the process, read Steps after H1B Visa Lottery – Flow chart to get a full understanding of what’s next. In simple, you will get a receipt notice from USCIS, then approval or RFE….if you are unlucky, you will get a rejection.
What are your thoughts from the H1B FY 2020 USCIS Press release ?
Reference : USCIS FY 2020 Cap Reached