We will look at the some of the common FAQs that are tied to H1B work visa for fiscal year 2019. This article will be updated with latest info as we get more info.
- H1B 2019 Season Start Date ?
- H1B Visa 2019 Quota ?
- Will there be lottery for H1B 2019 ?
- H1B 2019 Lottery date ?
- How to find H1B 2019 Sponsors ?
- H1B visa 2019 fees ?
- H1B 2019 Latest News
Update : H1B 2019 Season is over, H1B 2020 Season started on April 1st, 2019. If you have filed a petition or planning to file a petition this year in April 2019, you fall under H1B 2020 Season. Read all details at H1B Visa 2020 – Start Date, Fee, Lottery – FAQs
What is the H1B Visa 2019 season start date ?
Update : USCIS will start accepting H1B Petitions starting from April 2nd, 2018 as per their official update on their website. In general, USCIS starts accepting applications for the next fiscal year exactly 6 months before the start of the next fiscal year. USCIS fiscal year for 2019 starts from 1st October 2018, which means they should accept applications for FY 2019 from April 1st, 2018. As April 1st is a Sunday, USCIS should accept applications for H1B 2019 season from April 2nd, 2019.
What is H1B visa 2019 Quota for Regular and Masters filings ?
As of the date of writing of article, the H1B quota is as below. This is also called the H1B Visa Cap. You can read more at What is H1B Cap ? Regular vs Masters quota ?
- H1B Regular Quota : 65,000 visas
- H1B Master’s Quota : 20,000 visas. ( only US Masters eligible)
Also, of the overall 85,000 visa cap, every year 6,800 visas are set aside for the citizens of Singapore and Chile as part of the Free Trade Agreement with them. There were few bills part of Comprehensive Immigration Reform that are not active in Senate that were proposed from Obama administration days to change the cap count to 110,000 and Masters to 25,000, including potential to make H1B cap extend up to 180,000. But nothing has moved and all are dormant. Nothing new has been proposed by the new Trump Administration regarding changing cap count. To get a glimpse of historical cap count changes, you may check H1B visa cap count history from 1990 to 2017
Will there be Lottery for H1B 2019 season ? Lottery Predictions ? Filing Numbers ?
Update : USCIS had lottery for FY 2019 quota and received 190,098 petitions.
Looking at the historical trend of H1B filings, cap reach dates, it is quite possible that we would have lottery for FY 2019 quota. We have written a detail article looking at historical data, Trump administration new policies like ‘Buy American, Hire American’, students on OPT, H4 EAD removal rule, etc. factors. To know the prediction numbers and details, read the article: H1B Visa 2019 Lottery Predictions – Analysis, Graphs .
When is H1B Visa 2019 Lottery Date ?
Update : USCIS Conducted Lottery for FY 2019 on April 11, 2018.
There are two things, one is when the H1B petitions are accepted for the lottery and second is when the actual lottery is done. H1B visa petitions for next fiscal year would be accepted by USCIS from April 2nd, 2018 for 5 working days until April 6th, 2018 to be part of the lottery. Now, the actual lottery date depends on various factors depending the volume of petitions and USCIS load. It can be anywhere in second week of April. For FY 2018, the actual H1B Lottery was done on April 11th, 2017 . We can expect anywhere around the same date like April 11th or April 13th.
How to find H1B visa 2019 Sponsors ?
It can be very hard to find a good employer and convince them to sponsor H1B to work in US with major unknown like H1B Visa lottery. Anyways, you would be in one of the three scenarios, if you are seeking a H1B Sponsor.
- F1 Student in US : You can find an internship or co-op at an employer who can sponsor H1B visa and ask them to sponsor your H1B. You can continue to work on OPT once you graduate as well. You find the list of H1B Sponsoring companies using the tool
- International Professionals : If you are outside of US, it can be tricky with all the latest rules by Trump administration. Your best bet is to find an multi-national company ( MNC) and work through them to sponsor H1B visa. You may have hurdles inside the company with all the internal process, many waiting, etc. But, it is up to you to negotiate and ask them to take a chance. Many try the IT body shop route, where they ask them to file H1B. Rules have changed in the last few years and it is very risky move and can jeopardize your US hopes. Read comments on this H1B Companies Reviews article to get an idea and beware of such consulting companies to avoid fraud.
- Important Note : We, as RedBu2US, DO NOT Provide any H1B sponsorship or guide anyone using professional services or fee. If anyone approaches you by saying our name, it is pure FRAUD…beware !
If you are looking for more details, check out Guide on How to Find H1B Visa Sponsors 2019
What is H1B 2019 Filing Fee ?
H1B visa petition filing involves USCIS fee towards certain things and attorney fees, which varies by company size, and attorney involved for the case. As of FY 2018 season, it can range anywhere from $1,600 USD to $7,400 USD + Attorney Fee. In year 2016, for FY 2018, the H1B base filing fees, increased from $325 to $460. Below table is a high level summary from FY 2018 quota as of writing, it maybe subject to change as we approach towards the filing date. If any changes, we will update this accordingly. Also, you can Read Summary of H1B Filing Fee – Who pays for What ? .
|H1B Fee – Paid Towards||Amount in USD|
|Base filing fee||$460|
|AICWA Fee||$750 or $1,500|
|Fraud prevent & detection fee||$500|
|Fee based on Public Law 114-113 ( if applicable)||$4000|
|Premium processing fee (Optional)||$1,225|
|Immigration Attorney Fee||Varies from $500 to $3000|
H1B 2019 Case Tracker :
Did you work with attorney and sent all documents to apply for FY 2019 ? It is quite hard for applicants to know the general status of everyone to understand their situation. We have put together a tracker along with good graphs for analysis. It is completely anonymous as we do not capture your case number or any personal information. It is community contributed data, the more you add, the better for everyone, including You !
Below are some of the major news updates on H1B 2019 season. You can check H1B Visa 2019 Cap Count Tracker – Latest News Updates for full details
- Jan 25, 2019 ( Official News ) : USCIS did a press release that Premium Processing Resumed for H1B 2019 Cap Petitions
- July 30th, 2018 ( Official News ) : USCIS announced that they have returned all the H1B 2019 petitions that were not selected in lottery. They gave guidance that, if you have filed for FY 2019 and has not received a receipt notice or rejected package by August 13th, 2018, they can contact USCIS. More info at USCIS News Alert
- May 15, 2018 ( Official News ) : USCIS Completed Data Entry for H1B 2019 Lottery Selected Petitions
- April 12, 2018 ( Official News ) : USCIS announces H1B Lottery Completed, 190K petitions filed.
- April 6, 2018 ( Official News ) : Press alert saying that USCIS Reached Cap for FY 2019 Quota
- March 23, 2018 ( Official News ) USICS announces new policy memo with guidance on Related entities for H1B Duplicate petitions
- March 20, 2018 ( Official News) : USCIS accepts H1B 2019 petitions from April 2nd, Premium Process Suspended till Sept 10, 2018.
- Feb 22, 2018 ( Official News ): USCIS released a new memo with additional requirements for H1B petitions filed for third party worksite locations. These new rules are very extensive asking for work orders, contracts, client letter itinerary, etc. and will have huge impact on H1B 2019 quota filings. Read completed details with impact info at New Policy Memo Third Party worksite H1B Petitions – Requirements, Impact.
- January 25,2018 : (Unofficial News) : AILA updated to their members that there will NOT be any procedural changes for FY 2019 season. You can read more details at AILA News USCIS – No Procedural Changes for FY 2019
- December 2017 : There are many speculations floating around based on the proposals and bills in senate and house by Trump administration. We just have to wait and see what happens. We will track all the news and update here for everyone’s update.
You can bookmark this page and check this page for updates on H1B FY 2019 season.
Do you have any questions on next H1B 2019 season ?