Page Updated : May 3rd, 2014
We have been tracking H1B Visa cap count updates every year. We will do the same this year on this page. We will post all the latest news updates from USCIS, H1B cap count numbers by week for fiscal year 2015. You can ask your questions at QA section for any clarifications or help.
Latest USCIS News updates, Information for H1B visa FY 2015:
All the H1B news releases by USCIS and informative articles related to applying for H1B visa 2015 will be posted below :
USCIS Official News – Cap Count Update
- May 5th : USCIS announced today that data entry of all FY15 H-1B cap petitions has been completed. USCIS will now begin returning all H-1B cap petitions that were not selected in the lottery. They have announced it on their twitter and facebook pages.
- April 18th : USCIS announced that they will begin H1B FY 2015 premium processing from April 28th, 2014. Previously they announced that they will begin, ‘no later than April 28th’. They just clarified that. You can read on USCIS website
- April 11th : USCIS announced that it received about 172,500 petitions for the H1B Visa 2015 Quota. Read USCIS : 172,500 Received – H1B Lottery Summary
- April 7th : USCIS released official press note saying that FY 2015 cap reached today. For details, read : USCIS H1B Visa 2015 Cap Reached on April 7th.
- April 6th : USCIS non-working day. Weekend ! Will NOT have any update.
- April 5th : USCIS non-working day. Weekend ! Will NOT have any update.
- April 4th : No official update from USCIS ! If you have to file second petition due to courier delivery issues, you need to do it soon by Monday as per AILA note.
- April 3rd : USCIS update to AILA ( American Immigration Lawyers Association )
- USCIS has updated AILA team that, if there were courier delivery problems to USCIS office for the H1B petitions filed, USCIS will accept a second H1B Application for FY 2015 under certain circumstances.
- What it means to you is that, if your petition is delayed by your mail carrier, you can submit a new H1B Application with New Fee and Explanation for the delay including a requisition to withdraw the first petition. If there is no explanation and you file a new petition, USCIS will consider it as duplicate petition and deny/revoke the same and not refund the filing fee.
- USCIS is monitoring the situation and update us with more info. Check AILA Updates
- April 2nd : No Official USCIS Update today on the cap count
- April 1st : USCIS starts accepting applications. NO official update from USCIS yet.
- USCIS Official : H1B Visa for FY 2015 accepted from April 1st. Summary Info
- Will there be H1B Visa 2015 Lottery ? USCIS Data Analysis, Trends, Prediction
H1B Information Articles :
H1B Visa FY 2015 Cap Count updates Tracking Table:
The below table will be updated as soon as USICS updates cap counts.
News Updates :
H1B Lottery conducted for 172,500 H1B petitions filed for FY 2015 quota !
|USCIS Update on||Regular H1B Cap (65,000)||Advanced Degree Cap (20,000)||Analysis and Cap Count Update Article.|
|April 7th, 2014||65,000||20,000||USCIS H1B Visa 2015 Cap Reached on April 7th. .|
|Remaining H1B Cap||0||0|