Home » Visas » USA » Renewal - Dropbox » Dropbox Appointment Booking shows VAC instead of IW

Dropbox Appointment Booking shows VAC instead of IW

Getting a US Visa renewal using Dropbox or Interview Waiver(IW) option is one of the most widely used options to get a US Visa after the initial visa stamping. Most of the applicants qualify for the dropbox option unless they have some restrictions or their stamped US Visa has annotations like “Clearance Received”.

Since September 2021, you need to book an appointment to drop off documents as part of the US Visa renewal using the dropbox option. The dropdown in appointment booking shows VAC, instead of IW starting from November 28th, 2021. This is very confusing for many. This article is aimed at addressing the confusion.

Before Nov 28th, 2021 – Dropbox Appointment Booking had IW

When you apply for US Visa Renewal using the dropbox option, as part of the appointment booking screen to drop off documents, it used to look like in the below screenshot. It used to show the page heading as “Schedule OFC Appointment“ and the dropdown to select interview location used to say ‘IW‘ at the end. In the dropdown, IW stands for Interview Waiver that indicated that the booking was for a dropbox or visa renewal appointment.

In fact, the IW at the end was one of the easy ways for anyone to know that they were booking an interview waiver or dropbox appointment. But, this changed starting from November 28th, 2021.

Schedule OFC Appointment - Dropbox Stamping IW
Before December 2021 – Schedule OFC Appointment – Dropbox Stamping IW

US Visa Biometrics Appointment Booking Screen has VAC

When you book an in-person US Visa appointment, the first step is to book a biometrics appointment. When you are booking the biometrics appointment, on the booking screen you would see VAC at the end of the consulate name as you can see in the below screenshot.

VAC Stands for Visa Application Center. When you see VAC at the end, it is a confirmation for the user that you are booking an appointment for giving Biometrics at the VAC office before your in-person visa interview. This still continues to be the same for Biometrics appointment booking even after Nov 28th, 2021.

In the past, having VAC vs. IW at the end of the dropdown was one of the key indicators for the applicant to identify if their appointment booking was going to be biometrics or Dropbox. But, this changed after Nov 28th, 2021.

Schedule OFC Appointment with VAC at end of City name Dropdown
Schedule OFC Appointment with VAC at end of City name Dropdown

Confusion – Dropbox Appointment Booking shows VAC

Starting from Nov 28th, 2021, the US Visa Dropbox appointment booking screen started to show VAC on the appointment booking screen dropdown, instead of IW. It looks like in the below screenshot. This is the source of big confusion to many. Many are not sure if they are booking a Biometrics appointment or Dropbox appointment. The last few letters at the “Select Interview Location” dropdown, next to the consulate name now shows VAC for both Biometrics and Dropbox appointment bookings. Many did not book slots and some are still in confusion.

Dropbox Appointment Shows VAC instead of IW in Dropdown
Dropbox Appointment Shows VAC instead of IW in Dropdown

Having VAC can mean Dropbox Appointment as well

Based on many users’ experiences in the past 10 days or so and also confirmation from USTravelDocs Customer Support, it is confirmed that Dropbox or Interview Waiver Appointment booking screen would also show ‘VAC‘ for the last few letters at the “Select Interview Location” dropdown, next to the consulate name. It will no longer show ‘IW’ for dropbox appointment bookings.

We do not know the specific reason for this change, but many users were able to drop off documents and even get visa stamping done after they booked the slot using the VAC in the dropdown. So, it is proven to be working and we have confirmation.

How to verify, if you booked Dropbox Appointment with VAC in dropbox ?

There are a few things you can check to make sure you are booking or have booked a dropbox appointment

Before Booking – Dropbox Eligibiligy Confirmation Screen

When you do the visa questionnaire on CGI federal portal (USTravelDocs website), you would get a yellow screen with confirmation that tells you are eligible for a dropbox appointment. It looks like in the below screenshot. If you have got this, then you are booking a dropbox appointment slot.

Congratulations you qualify for the Interview Waiver Confirmation for H1B Visa Dropbox in CGI Federal Portal

After Booking Appointment – Verify Booking screen, Confirmation letter

After you book the appointment, you should check two things to ensure you booked a dropbox appointment and not a biometrics appointment. The first one is the appointment confirmation letter that you print after making the booking.

For Dropbox or Interview Waiver appointments, you would only see VAC details on the appointment confirmation letter first page. It will not have the details of the Consular Appointment. It looks like in the below screenshot for dropbox appointments.

VAC Appointment Information for Dropbox Stamping - Page 1 in Letter
VAC Appointment Information for Dropbox Stamping – Page 1 in Letter

But, if you look at the regular visa stamping with Biometrics and in-person visa interviews, it would have both the VAC appointment details and Consular appointment details. It looks like in the below screenshot.

Page 1 has Consular Appointment Details - Regular Stamping
Page 1 has Consular Appointment Details – Regular Stamping

The other thing you can review is the check the USTravelDocs appointment history screen. If you go to the CGI Federal website and check your appointment booking history screen, it will clearly indicate that it is an interview waiver appointment, which means renewal or dropbox.

US Visa Appointment Booking Hisotry Screen on USTravelDocs
US Visa Appointment Booking History Screen on USTravelDocs

Hope it is clear to everyone now on how to confirm and not be confused. What was your experience? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.

You can also read How to apply for H1B Visa Dropbox Appointment Step by Step Guide

I have booked an appointment for me and my son. While booking the appointment it said I am eligible for interview waiver and as mentioned in the article still gave me only VAC locations.
    I got the appointment which is in the month of Oct 22 in Delhi VAC. I have two questions –
    1. Do I still need to travel to Delhi to drop the documents or I can drop them in Pune center?
    2. Do I still need to wait till Oct 22 or is there any way to pre-pone this?
    Dipti

2. I booked h4 Dropbox appointment for my 3 months old daughter. Eligible for Dropbox. In appointment history it showed me visa priority as interview waiver.
    Later I reschedule the appointment date and location. Now in appointment history it’s showing me visa priority as Regular.

How come this happened. Did anyone faced this kind of issue?
    Will it create issue for my daughters visa?

I have done with the DS-160 submission and paid the appointment fees as well. While I am trying to get the appointment, the calendar is not even appeared in my profile. It is just saying no availability, Is it common? I can see in many posts where people are getting dates for the year 2023 and different months. For me no calendar even showing up. I am trying to get the dropbox dates under H4 category.
    Please confirm if this scenario is common. Thank you .

I have booked a dropbox appointment for July 11, 2022 at KOLKATA VAC.

When i filled the DS160 i choose the location as Chennai but i could not find dates for chennai so i choose KOLKATA. I will be dropping the documents in Bengaluru VAC center. Could you please let me know if i need to change the location in DS160, if yes could you please let me know what is the procedure to change it since i have already submitted and booked a appointment.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
    Prajwal

5. Hello, When I booked my visa interview in CGI website it showed that I am eligible for Drop Box appointment but while booking it showed me to book both VAC and CONSULAR appointment. My “Appointment Confirmation” page shows both VFS and CONSULAR appointment … I am not sure whats going on.. looks like it should only get VFS appointment..
    the screen-short looks like the one “Page 1 has Consular Appointment Details – Regular Stamping” does this mean I need to got for CONSULAR appointment for visa interview?

• Sakthi,
      Very interesting. I have never seen this. Just call up customer service and ask, it could be a bug. But, do you think you would be eligible for the dropbox? If so, call them up and try to see what can be done. You can also cancel and retry, if you think the system is doing something wrong.

• Manisha
        Hi,
        My husband is on H1b and we got the same VAC and Consular appointment for us too in Aug 2022. Before it shows we are eligible for dropbox. How can we reschedule the appointment for Dropbox for the next year 2023. I have already email them.

• Shakthi: I’m also facing same issue with my wife’s visa appointment. Initially it showed her Visa interview waiver and now while booking it was providing me an option for both OFC and Consular in-person interview. Did you contact the US consulate customer service for the issue? did you hear back from them?

6. I’m applying for a B1/B2, and got confirmation for interview waiver and dropbox eligibility (yellow screen as above). However, when scheduling for appointment, it only shows “OFC Appointment” and only gives five VAC as options in dropdown list. I’m looking to get a dropbox appointment for Ahmedabad. What could be the issue?

• Navin,
      That is the whole point of article, it will show VAC only. You will not see Ahmedabad in the list, you will only see consulates list, pick something that is close to you or the state that falls under a consulate that is applicable to you.

7. Hello! I have an IW VAC Appointment at Hyderabad, and I live in Mumbai(No slots were available in consulate), is it possible to drop my documents in Pune rather than travelling to Hyd?

i am in the process of applying for student F1 visa. I have received I-20 from University and also filled and submitted DS-160 form online. I have few questions:
    1. While scheduling for interview at Chennai, i am getting message stating interview waiver and asking me to book appointment for drop box. Can i book at Bangalore for drop box or it should be only chennai?
    2. Do i have to also book appointment for biometrics in addition to drop box? If yes, whether it has to be only in Chennai?
    3. Is it mandatory to pay SEVIS fee of 350 USD? if yes, when it has to be paid?

• Samyukta,
      1. You will not have option for Bangalore as it only a pickup location. You can book for Chennai and submit documents at Bangalore.
      2. No need, if you get an interview waiver option.
      3. It is mandatory for general F1, double check for the interview waiver with USTravelDocs or their support.
      You are eligible for an interview waiver or dropbox, only if you had previous US Visa, so assuming you had something in the past.

• Hi Kumar Sir,
        Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. It is of great help to me. Yes, I have a earlier B1/B2 visa which helped me in getting Interview waiver. Now i have booked for drop off at Hyderabad VAC as Chennai dates were not convenient and pick up at Bangalore. I’ll double check regarding SEVIS fee as suggested by you.

• One more question: I have submitted DS-160 form with location as Chennai. But as Chennai dated for drop off were not available cefore Sept, I booked appointment at Hyderabad VAC for drop off in June. Is this location difference in DS-160 and appointment confirmation OK?

I have a VAC appointment at the Mumbai center for H1B renewal.
    I check my appointment letter against the article and everything matches with the screen shots except the appointment history.

I have only 1 VAC appointment, and no consular appointment.
    I have a list of documents I need to bring for dropbox.

In the appointment history, for visa priority it says “Regular” instead of “Interview waiver”.
    Does this mean anything?

I just want to make sure this VAC appointment is for drop box only.

Thank you!

• RD,
      I think it should be fine. I have seen others have similar thing. Just email the US Travel Docs / CGI Federal support so that it is clarified. Do update here how it goes for community benefit.

• Hello,
        Receiveda reply from CGI Federal support.
        Please see the reply below.

Dear Applicant:
        Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you wish to change the visa priority on your appointment confirmation letter.

In response to your question, we request you to kindly ignore the same and proceed with the appointment.

Further, we would like to inform you that our records indicate that you have a scheduled appointment. So, we would request you to kindly proceed with the appointment as scheduled

• Mine is H4 and eligible for Dropbox but visa priority says as Regular. Did you tried calling customer service. What did they said???
      I will be calling tomorrow and update here with customer support reply

10. I have VAC confirmed appointment on October 20 in Chennai VAC for H4 (renewal) . I have filled out the interview waiver questionnaires and the system says congratulation you qualify for the interview waiver. I see there is one appointment mentioned in confirmation page (“VAC Appointment details”). It means its a drobox appointment.

When i go to Appointment history it says Visa Priority = Regular (not Interview Waiver), this is different from above screenshot mentioned in article. is this new changes in system? or more confusion?

• Hello, I see a similar issue for my appointment as well. Visa Priority shows as Regular instead of IW in the appointment history.

I have sent a note customer care.

Please let me know if you get anymore updates.

• msk,
      What your appointment letter says is accurate, do not trust anything in the other pages. Email the CGI Federal support and get confirmation.

I have VAC confirmed appointment on October 10 in Mumbai VAC for H1B . I have filled out the interview waiver questionnaires and the system says congratulation you qualify for the interview waiver.

at the time of pickup/submission.
    Location Free /Paid Drop off location
    New Delhi VAC Free of cost drop-off location
    Mumbai VAC Free of cost drop-off location
    Chennai VAC Free of cost drop-off location
    Hyderabad VAC Free of cost drop-off location
    Kolkata VAC Free of cost drop-off location
    Chandigarh Paid drop-off location (Rs 650/- per individual)
    Jalandhar Paid drop-off location (Rs 650/- per individual)
    Ahmedabad Paid drop-off location (Rs 650/- per individual)
    Pune Paid drop-off location (Rs 650/- per individual)
    Bengaluru Paid drop-off location (Rs 650/- per individual)
    Kochi Paid drop-off location (Rs 650/- per individual)

Question: How to check if I got a dropbox appointment or not?

• Sac,
      You would only get this confirmation if you qualify for it. Check the appointment letter generated as in above article, it should only have one appointment.

• Thank you Kumar quick response. As I see there is one appointment mentioned in confirmation page (“VAC Appointment details”). It means its a dropbox appointment. So I can submit documents to any dropbox location? is this correct?

12. I am also having same type of issue. There is no consular appointment info in it. That means Drop Box facility ? Please let me know.

• Anand,
      If there is no consular appointment, then it is dropobx. Check the sample screenshot in this article above.

13. I am experiencing the same problem. How did you resolve it? Did you contact them?
    I’m supposed to schedule the drop box appointment for the last week of May, but there’s no calendar? No appointments appear on the screen, then a blank area appears? The drop option does not appear on the screen, no calendar ..!!, Would anyone be able to tell me how to get over it if they have already done so?

14. Hello Kumar,

I am having appointment for dropbox on L1 category scheduled for different date compared with my husband (H1 category). Can we both go on same data and allowed to drop the passport toghether ?

I have VAC confirmed appointment on May 10 in New Delhi for H1B renewal.
    When I printed the appointment confirmation today its showing:

at the time of pickup/submission.
    Location Free /Paid Drop off location
    New Delhi VAC Free of cost drop-off location
    Mumbai VAC Free of cost drop-off location
    Chennai VAC Free of cost drop-off location
    Hyderabad VAC Free of cost drop-off location
    Kolkata VAC Free of cost drop-off location
    Chandigarh Paid drop-off location (Rs 650/- per individual)
    Jalandhar Paid drop-off location (Rs 650/- per individual)
    Ahmedabad Paid drop-off location (Rs 650/- per individual)
    Pune Paid drop-off location (Rs 650/- per individual)
    Bengaluru Paid drop-off location (Rs 650/- per individual)
    Kochi Paid drop-off location (Rs 650/- per individual)

Question: If I have appointment in New Delhi, can I drop-off my documents in Ahmedabad.

16. Can I get an in person appointment even if I qualify for drop box? Asking because i have a DUI arrest in my record and I think they will ask me to come in for an in person appointment anyway.

• did you get called for the in person interview? asking the question because I have a minor offense record in my records too

17. hi

This is very helpful. Thank you for your efforts.
    I have a renewal appointment selected in Mumbai in July. Can i use Pune as the location to drop off my documents. If yes, should i go to Pune OFC at same time as my Mumbvai VAC appointment?

Finally how to connect to Customer Service. Cant seem to find any number

18. I am currently in US, waiting for my first h1b to be stamped; which started on October 2020. I got the Interview Waiver, is that normal for first time H1b holder?

After the MRV receipt, It redirects me to “Schedule OFC appointment” with “Chennai VAC, Kolkata VAC, Hyderabad VAC, Mumbai VAC and New Delhi VAC” as my options.

I don’t see any calendar to view dates for appointments to plan my trip ahead. All i see is “There are currently no appointments available.” It’s been a month like this. I check for appointments everyday, or it simply blocks on max tries. Any ideas of US consulates release timelines?

19. Need help, in my appointment history I see visa priority as regular instead of an interview waiver. I got the interview waiver screen too and I see OFC and a consular appointment confirmation. Did anyone face the similar issue. It is currently scheduled for Sep 30 and Oct 5 2022

• Arpitha,
      If you are eligible for interview waiver, you should not get consular booking screen. You should call customer service, if such is a case. It could be a bug.

• Hi Arpitha,

I have faced a similar issue. I am unsure what to do. I have appointments for 28th Aug and 30th Aug2022. 🙁
      Let me know if you had to cancel yours.

20. It shows my interview date is 2024 september which is ridiculous, is there a bug or is chennai office booked till 2024?

• Need help, in my appointment history I see visa priority as regular instead of an interview waiver. I got the interview waiver screen too and I only see VAC in my appointment confirmation. Did anyone face the similar issue

• Hi Kumar, I’m facing the same issue. Appointment confirmation letter only has VAC details but the appointment history says “Regular.”

• I am also having same type of issue. There is no consular appointment info in it. That means Drop Box facility ? Please let me know.

• I am also having the same issue. Showing only VAC appointment and Visa Priority as “Regular” instead of Dropbox Waiver. Did you get any response from customer service?

• I am facing the same issue. Is there a way to confirm what exactly the appointment is? I was rescheduling a later IW appointment, so I did not change any selections either.

• Hi All,
            Seeing the same thing – priority as regular in appt history for a dropbox appt. Did you receive any answers from support?

• Hi,

Is your issue resolved? I also eligible for IW, but visa priority in appointment history shows regulars In the appt. confirmation page, there are VAC appointment details and document delivery information.

21. Hi, I completed my DS-160 with Mumbai location. I am qualified for Interview viewer and dropbox location. The dropbox location, I have selected is Mumbai. However, CGI portal does not show up any slots for Mumbai…My question is, Can I select any (Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyd VAC)? If Yes, the second question is…Where should I drop my documents ? Mumbai VAC or I am required to travel to VAC location to drop off the documents? Do all applicants in application i.e. family need to travel to VAC?

• Yes, you can chose any location for booking slots.
      You will need to travel to the location to submit documents. You can not drop at chennai if you booked slot in new delhi.

22. Hi…
    I submitted my application for Chennai…
    I got the interview waiver option.
    Since i am not getting any slots to book dropbox for chennai, is it possible to book for Mumbai VAC and submit my documents in Mumbai?
    Kindly Help

• Hi,
        I am eligible for drop box. The only options on the scheduling page are VAC Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkatta, Chennai, and Hyderabad (with obviously no appointment available since last 3 months.) How can I look for any appointments available at Jalandhar and Chandigarh locations? Please help.

23. It seems almost impossible to book at appointment at any VAC ? I have been hitting the site twice every day at several times and i never see any window opening . This is so frustrating ! Have any of you heard about any changes coming soon ?

• Its so frustrating especially H1B visa appointment wait times at Mumbai on the website displays 8 calendar days of wait times. Also there is a limit as to how many times you ca n visit the scheduling site.

• Waiting for the same. The wait has been frustrating.
      It seems the US consulates are still operating at limited capacity and the covid related restrictions haven’t been lifted off.

• “Applicants may use any of our eleven drop-off locations. Those applying at the New Delhi Embassy should drop off at the New Delhi, Chandigarh, or Jalandhar processing centers. Applicants for Mumbai may drop off at Mumbai, Pune, or Ahmedabad processing centers. Applicants for Chennai may drop off at Chennai, Bangalore, or Kochi. Applicants in Hyderabad and Kolkata should drop off at their respective visa application centers.”

Does anyone know how this works? I qualify for drop off box but when I login into the scheduling page, it’s only showing VAC locations at New Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, and Kolkata. I submitted the fee in December and still no dates showing up. Very frustrating !!
      Also, how many times in a day can you log in to check the availabilty of dates?

24. hey folks…Chennai appointments for march 12th onwards has just opened up! rush if you want to book one…i just finally booked mine!

• Hi raman,
      How did you get appointment in Chennai, I have been watching last
      Few days it’s showing currently not available, kindly help…

25. Hi, I need to book an H4 visa appointment for my spouse. So far I had no luck with the appointments at any location. My question is: The locations dropdown is showing “City Name VAC”, does that mean it is for biometrics only? And will I have to book another slot for the Consular Appointment?
    Your response to clarify my query is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

26. Hi I am trying to renew my B1/ B2 visa for which I have been an interview waiver . My location is Delhi. The earliest appointment that I have got for using drop off services is 9th September as of now. How can I get an earlier slot. Is there a specific time when appointment slots for recent period get opened. Thanks

27. I am trying to renew my B1/B2 visa at Chennai and I am qualified for the Interview waiver / drop box option as per the questionnaire. After paying the fee, when I check for the appointments it is available only for Dec 22! am confused…i thought the drop box slots should be available much earlier? can some one please help & share any information on this?
    Raman – Chennai

28. Hello, I’m through with my visa appointment application in cgifederal website and added my spouse as well as additional member. I’m cleared for interview waiver and at the step of paying fees. I just added BOFA account number in my Indian bank account to make the payment tomorrow. My question is once i pay the fee (INR29640) then during the scheduling step do i have to schedule for two drop box slots for both H1 and H4 or only one will do ? Thanks !

• Even i am in the same situation. Can some one please clarify. I have 2 dependents my Wife and my Son. Application says interview waiver but technically it is only for me right ? how about my dependats ? DO i need to create separate account for them in USTravel docs? IF some one please clarify that will be good.

• Hi Rupesh – All the applicants should satisfy the IW questions. Only then they are all eligible for dropbox. Look at the screenshot in Step 4 mentioned in the below article. It says “Each Visa applicant should meet the criteria”

If your dependents do not meet the criteria, I would suggest to get your Visa Stamped first via dropbox and then book a separate walk-in interview for your dependents since they are not qualified for dropbox.

29. Hi I have a VAC & OFC appointment confirmation for April 2022 at Mumbai , based on recent IW rules I am eligible for IW, how can I change my OFC appointment to IW appointment ?
    FYI I have booked this slot in October 2021, even before the new IW rules were released.

30. I have a confirmed appointment for January 24, 2022 at Mumbai VAC. I am also eligible for IW since this is my H1B renewal (appointment history also shows “Interview Waiver”). For Mumbai VAC there are 3 dropbox locations- Mumbai, Ahmedabad, and Pune. Can I drop off documents at Pune location on January 24, even if the appointment letter says Mumbai VAC under “VAC appointment details”?

• Hi Pallavi, Did you drop-off at Pune/Ahmedabad and paid 650?

And your passport came to your home address? or you have to pick up the passport from Pune/Ahmedabad location?

• I dropped off my documents at Pune and paid cash Rs. 650 on Jan 24.
        I am still waiting for my passport which is going to be delivered at my home address.

• Hi Pallavi,

did you drop off documents in Pune during the same time slot that you had appointment in Mumbai for ? And do you have to notify this anywhere that you will not be going to Mumbai and instead using the Pune location ?

• Yes, I used the same time slot.
            I didn’t notify anyone about using Pune location instead of Mumbai.

It was very quick and I received my passport within 5 days.

31. Completed DS-160 on Dec 20th. Able to book Drop box appointment on Feb 24.
    Is it okay to submit same DS-160 confirmation page?
    or need to create new DS-160 and book appointment again.
    Thanks in advance.

32. Hi Guys, I am not getting any dates for Chennai VAC. There are dates for Kolkata VAC, but can i submit document in bangalore for Kolkata VAC? or do i need to select Chennai only to drop the documents in bangalore?

33. Hi Kumar,

I am qualified for VISA dropbox for H1B processing as per questions released on Jan 1st, 2022.

I still have a valid B1/B2 visa but my spouse and child don’t have a visa but as we apply together will they automatically get waived from the Interview?

Yesterday I saw 25 slots for dropbox around 9 pm IST when I tried to book it showed No slots available. Any idea what would have happened?

Thanks in advance,
    Mohan

34. I just rescheduled the drop box appointments for my parents to the 3rd Week Feb 2022. There are multiple interview slots open throughout that week and the next in Feb now. Seems like they opened up multiple additional slots. Please book before they run out.

35. Hello, has anyone had success in booking in Dropbox appointment for Chennai location? Is there a specific time I should be looking for appointments to maximize success?

36. I have my appointment scheduled for 5th May CA, do i need to cancel this first and start over again to get the IW for dropbox. I will be going for first time H1B stamping and I do have a F1 visa help previously.

37. When or where will it show/book for biometrics/OFC after getting interview waiver confirmation. OR will dropbox appointment includes biometrics too. Please let us know.

38. Hi, I booked Dropbox appointment and appointment page do show interview waiver but the confirmation page shows I Chennai as Dropbox location. Earlier we could select the location kochi but not anymore. So we need to travel to chennai to do the Dropbox?

• Hi Sreejit,
      I am also in the same situation as you, I believe that the main area for us is Chennai and dropbox area can be Kochi, I hope they will see that we have an appointment date and time and will accept it. So sad that no one is replying here.
      Please email me if you get some more information. My parents dropoff day and time is Jan 25, 9:45am

• Hi Josh,
        Can you pls post an update here when you do have a clarity on this? I am in the same boat. I am trying from my end as well, no luck so far.

• Hi Jitesh,

Were you able to schedule the dropbox appointment? For me it says no appointments available and shows only 5 options and Kochi/Bangalore is not an option.

• Hello,
            Yes, I was able to book appointment. Kochi/Bangalore will never show up in the dropdown. It will only give you the consulate location i.e Chennai if you opt for bangalore/kochi for dropbox. I am still not 100% sure if the documents can be dropped off at kochi/bangalore as the scenario is a bit different now. See my comment above.

• HI, I’m trying to book appointment but no luck since almost a week. Is there any specific time we need to book this appointment? I’m trying during US hours and getting ‘No appointments’ available in any location. Greatly appreciate, if anyone have faced similar issue and have suggestion on how to get a appointment date.

• Josh ,
        Were your parents able to submit the docs at Kochi at the scheduled appointment time though appointment for Dropbox was Chennai vac?
        How long did it take to get the visa

• Hi Sreejit,

Not sure if you are done with the drop box.

What i understand after talking to them is you can go to Chennai location and do a free of cost drop box.

But if you choose to go to Cochin or Bangalore you will pay them INR 650 per applicant for Drop and then another INR 650 for pick up.

For Interview Waiver Applicants

Documents can be only submitted on Appointment Date at below Address ONLY . You should arrive at exactly the time of your appointment; you will not be permitted to enter the facility before the time listed on your appointment letter.

The U.S. Embassy/ Consulates in India offer free document pickup/submission services at the OFC where the Embassy/Consulate is located. Applicants collecting/submitting documents from any other locations will need to pay a nominal fee of Rs 650/- per individual at the time of pickup/submission.

Chennai VAC– Free of cost drop-off location
      Good shepherd, No 82, Kodambakkam High Road, Nungambakkam
      Chennai – 600034

Bengaluru– Paid drop-off location
      Global Tech Park No: 11, 1st Floor
      O Shaughnessy Rd, Langford Town
      Bengaluru – 560025

Kochi– Paid drop-off location
      1st Floor Coastal Chambers Opp Mercy Hotel
      M.G Road Ravipuram
      Kochi Kerala – 682015

Please let me know what was your experience .

Binoy

• hi Sreejit,

Hi Sreejit,

Chennai Consulate – Can only Submit at Chennai VAC, Bangalore Center and Cochin Center

For Interview Waiver Applicants

Chennai VAC– Free of cost drop-off location
      Good shepherd, No 82, Kodambakkam High Road, Nungambakkam
      Chennai – 600034

Bengaluru– Paid drop-off location
      Global Tech Park No: 11, 1st Floor
      O Shaughnessy Rd, Langford Town
      Bengaluru – 560025

Kochi– Paid drop-off location
      1st Floor Coastal Chambers Opp Mercy Hotel
      M.G Road Ravipuram
      Kochi Kerala – 682015

so i dont believe you need to go to Chennai unless you are near by that location.
      Hope this was helpful.

Binoy

• Hello Sreejith, I am also in the same situation. I can select only Chennai VAC during scheduling. But instruction says it can be dropped in Kochi also. Were you able to submit your docs in Kochi ?

• Hi Varun and Sreejit
        I am also in the same situation.
        Did you guys get any update on this?
        I was able to book only Delhi VAC as there were no slots for Chennai.
        So I have to travel to Delhi to drop off my documents?

• Official Response from USTRAVELDOCS Support
      =====================
      Applicants for Chennai may drop off at Chennai, Bangalore, or Kochi
      =====================
      Dear Applicant:

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you would like to know information about scheduling an appointment under interview waiver.

In response to your question, please be informed that while an appointment is mandatory for submission of your application at any of the five Visa Application Center, you are not required to schedule an interview at the Embassy/Consulate. Please schedule an appointment date in order to drop off their passport and visa application materials at one of our eleven locations https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/drop-off-locations.html.

Please follow the link: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/renew-visa.html to know about the interview waiver.

Also, please note that we will not be able to comment regarding slots availability. The slots availability is on the basis of first come first serve. You may login to your profile on https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=India and go through the steps of scheduling an appointment to know the current slots availability.

Also, please be informed that applicants are limited to the number of times they can view the interview appointment slots page in a day. If you have exceeded the limit, you will not be able to view the slots. If system sees this unusual activity continue, system will be forced to close your account up to 72 hours.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,
      U.S. Visa Service Desk.
      ========================

• I have submitted form D-160 for student F1 visa requesting location of Chennai. During the process of appointment scheduling, my interview was waived and i was prompted to select drop off and pick up locations. Earliesr date available at Chennai was in September which is not ok for fall 2022. from the dropdown menu for drop off, i checked for Hyderabad and June 22nd was available. I have booked for the same . Is it ok to have Chennai location as per form DS-160 and Hyderabad VAC location for drop off as per final appointment in system and appointment confirmation letter? Pick up is from Bangalore.

39. I’m looking to book IW drop box appointment at the Bangalore location. However, the dropbox only shows the 5 VACs (Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, New Delhi and Mumbai). How do I get to select the Bangalore drop box location?

• Hi Shiv,

what was the bangalore dropbox ? was it Chennai ?
      and also, did you have tips secure a slot? i am trying for 4 days now and not able to get any.