As many of you know the H1B Visa 2023 season started earlier this month with the H1B Registration Process starting on March 1st, 2022 until March 18th, 2022. This year, USCIS took longer than the previous years to give out results. Last year, we got results, within a couple of days. This year, results came after almost a week.
In any case, we have started to see the H1B Registration Lottery results come out and some are getting notified. We look at the current status, how it looks on the USCIS website, sample notice details in the below article. Thanks a lot to community users who shared the screenshots and notices.
H1B 2024 Lottery Results are released. Check H1B Visa 2024 Registration Selection Results are out, Sample for full details
H1B 2023 Lottery Results are out – No Official Update Yet
On March 25th, 2022, Friday late evening, some of our users started to report that they have been selected in the H1B 2023 Lottery. On March 29th, 2022, USCIS announced that they have completed the first round of the H1B Lottery for FY 2023.
Official USCIS Update or Press Relase on H1B 2023 Results
They did not release any press not over the weekend when the results were sent to users. Finally, on March 29th, 2022, USCIS announced that they have completed the first round of the H1B Lottery for FY 2023. Read USCIS update – H1B 2023 Lottery First Round done, Summary
Users updated H1B Lottery Selection Details
We have H1B 2023 Telegram Community and H1B 2023 Facebook Groups that have many users, who have applied for H1B this year. Some of them confirmed that they were selected in the H1B Lottery this year. Some of them were gracious enough to share the below confirmation screenshots and notices. Thanks a lot to them. We really appreciate it!
As you all, there are two steps, the first step is to submit the H1B registration and get a confirmation for the same. The second is to generate a selection notice, once you are selected in the H1B lottery. Below details are related to the results and the second step.
H1B 2023 Registration Lottery Selection Results – USCIS Website
There are questions floating around that how can I check or validate the H1B Lottery results. The fact is that you as an applicant cannot check H1B Lottery or Registration Details online. Only the employer/ attorney can check the results of the H1B 2023 lottery.
Employer or attorney needs to login to the USCIS H1B registration lottery tool or system to view the H1B registration lottery selection results. They can print the selection notice by clicking on the “View Notice” as in the below screenshot. That notice has all the details regarding the H1B selection like where they need to file, when they need to file, etc. Below are the samples of ‘Selected‘ results screenshots from the H1B Registration System shared by our community members for FY 2023 season.
You can see the “Selected” Status below that indicates the H1B registration was selected. If you look at the Beneficiary Confirmation Number below the ‘Selected’, it starts with 2023 and looks like 2023-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx. This number starting with 2023 indicates that the H1B Registration was submitted for FY 2023 Season.
Check How to Check H1B Registration Lottery Results for full details on how it works
Sample H1B Visa 2023 Registration Selection Notice
The H1B Registration Selection Notice is an I-797C Notice of Action, that is similar to any other like H4 Visa I-797C Receipt Notice. It would be of Case Type “H-1BR – H1B REGISTRATION”. Below is the sample H1B Registration Selection Notice for the FY 2023 Season that was shared by one of the users whose details were submitted for this year’s H1B registration selection process. Let us look at the meaning of all fields and details on the selection notice below.
Meaning of various fields on H1B FY 2023 Registration Selection Notice
- Beneficiary Confirmation Number : This confirmation number is the long number that would have been generated when the H1B Registration was submitted by your employer or attorney. It cannot be used to check your registration status on USCIS website. It is only used for Internal tracking and lottery purposes. For FY 2023 season, it usually starts with 2023 as in below screenshot of the selection notice. It is a 16 digit number with numbers and alpabets.
- Case Type : This indicates the case type of the form. In the H1B registration case, it will be “H-1BR – H1B REGISTRATION”
- Received Date : This is the date when your employer or sponsor submitted the H1B registration online in the registration system. For the below sample notice, it is March 5th, 2022, which is the date when the employer submitted the same.
- Priority Date : This will be blank as it is not applicable.
- Prospective Petitioner : This will be the employer name or the company name that is submitting the H1B visa Registration with intent to file H1B petition for the applicant, if selected in the lottery.
- Notice Date : This is the date when the employer or sponsor was notified regarding the H1B Registration Selection. For the below sample notice, it is March 26th, 2022. It can be anywhere from 3/25/2022 to 3/31/2022
- Page : You will see 1 of 2 on first page. There are two pages in the registration notice.
- Beneficiary : This is the actual H1B Applicant or Employee for whom the H1B visa registration selection notice was generated. Only the H1B petition can be submitted to USCIS for this person.
- Company Name and Mailing Address : Below these fields, you will see a box with Company Name and address of the Company
- Notice Type : It will say “Registration Selection”. It will be same on the official copy and the courtesy notice.
Under the boxes, it will say Fiscal Year 2023 Selection and has below information.
- Company ID, Name : You will see the details telling that Company XYZ with Employer ID number ABC submitted a registration for XXX ( Date of Birth XXX) and it was selected for FY 2023 H1B numerical cap, …It will have conformation number 2023-…
- Filing Dates – It will indicate the filing dates for H1B Petition from 4/1/2022 to 6/30/2022 and tell the location to file H1B
- Service Centre Details : This is the service centre that you need file H1B petition in the dates given above. They indicate that you need to submit a copy of this notice as well along with the petition. It is important to file it at the same location listed in the registration notice. For the below sample, it is Texas Service Center.
- Validity of the Registration : It clearly tells that the registration for h1B is valid for FY 2023 season and for XYZ company. It will also have applicant name XXX with the passport and date of birth of the applicant in it. It will also tell that you cannot substitute the registration for other or transfer the registration to others. It will tell that they may reject the petition if not properly filed.
Below are actual H1B Selection notices shared by users for the Fiscal Year 2023. Page 1 has most of the information that is important. Below are three samples
Sample 1 – H1B Registration Selection Notice: The Notice Date is March 27th, 2022.
Sample 2 – H1B Registration Selection Notice: The Notice date is March 26th, 2022
Sample 3 – H1B Registration Selection Notice: The Notice date is March 26th, 2022
Page 2 of the Registration selection notice with information for people with disabilities.
Comparison with H1B Selection Notice from FY 2022
This year’s H1B FY 2023 selection notice looks pretty similar to the H1B Visa 2022 Selection Notice Sample. There is one minor change for the sentence “If you do not properly file your H1B cap-subject petition within the filing period indicated above, USCIS will deny or reject the petition“
They changed the sentence to say below
“USCIS will deny or reject the H-1B cap-subject petition if it is not properly filed within the filing period indicated above at the filing location indicated“
H1B Visa 2023 Tracker
H1B Visa filing process with registrations and petitions can be lengthy and many unknowns with timelines. We used to maintain a simple tracker and it was not feature-rich. To help the community and get better features, we have partnered with VisaGrader.com to build an Anonymous H1B Visa Tracker for FY 2023. You can add your case information anonymously and see the overall patterns, processing times, etc. with crowdsourced data. Add anonymously using the below button
Let’s look at some commonly asked questions now.
No, only your employer can check that using their login info online on USCIS website. Read more at How to Check H1B Registration Lottery Results
The H1B Lottery registration results do not come out at the same time for everyone. They can continue to come until March 31st, 2022. If you have not heard anything in the first round by end of the day March 31st, 2021, then you are very likely not selected in the first round. Your registration would be held in a pool and maybe used for second round lottery, if next round happens. We don’t know at this point, if this will happen or not. Last year we had 3 rounds of the lottery.
In general, based on users’ feedback, they do not come out at the same time. It comes in batches. Some have got it on March 31st evening as well. So, there is no pattern as such. So, until March 31st end, you cannot say.
That is something USCIS gives to each beneficiary for tracking. It cannot be checked online, it is only used by USCIS for internal purposes to run the lottery selection.
No one knows at this point if there will be second-round or third round lottery. Last year we had three rounds of lottery, so we need to wait and see.
No, you do not get OPT cap-gap extension automatically with H1B selection Notice. You need to file the H1B petition before your OPT expires to get the OPT Cap gap extension. Talk to your employer and file the petition before expiration to avoid issues and continue working.
No, it is an electronic Notice that is generated online. Your employer can get it by downloading it online from the selected status location. They need to click on “View Notice” to download the same.
USCIS released a press note saying cap is complete and lottery first round is done, but USCIS has not released any official numbers on the total H1B Visa 2023 Registrations count. We need to wait for their next update.
If you were lucky and selected, you might wonder next steps, you can read Steps after H1B Registration Lottery ? Flow Chart – Process
Are you still waiting for H1B Lottery Results ? Share your results, thoughts in comments below.
Hi, H1B is approved, I have question on dependent visa for stamping. Similar to h1b visa do we need to apply for dependent visa say form 539 through attorney with any documentation or on primary h1b approval we can submit ds160 form and continue with stamping?
I have this question, my employeer just collecting dependents passport, birth and marriage certificates.
If you are thinking about stamping, you don’t need to apply for anything in the US, if your spouse is outside of US. They probably collect it for documentation. Directly, your spouse can book appointment, carry your approval notice and your status info and get stamping done.
My wife got her H1b in 2013 through TCS and she travelled to US for 6 months. We renewed her visa through a third party and she travelled again for 6 months and returned in India 2017. Her visa status is “Revocation Notice Was Sent”. Can we get her visa reactivated?
Hello, is bachelors in business administration too general to be considered as a degree eligible for specialty occupation on an H1b petition? Please advise.
If you dont have any work experience and only BBA, you may not be eligible as it is unlikely to support the speciality occupation, unless there is something specific that you have studied.
Thanks for your reply, Kumar!
My major was in supply chain management, currently doing my OPT, about to enter cap-gap. Working in a 3PL company. Does that improve my odds on the petition a bit or nah?
Well, this is hard to say. It all depends on the case, SOC code, location and your fit based on what you have done in OPT. You can check H1BGrader.com to see similar roles and the LCAs to get an idea
10-4. Thank you sir!
Hi All, on 7th April 2022 I got mail from my employer saying that my H1B lottery got picked, I ask the approval recipe proof, he sent me the pdf, but when ask him keep saying that wait some time, we need to get mail from USCIS regarding the required documents to submit, actually I check this employer in the myvisajobs.com, he is there in the website, he is processing since 5 years only, still I can believe this or not, due to this I am compleately stalled with my feature plans, could you please suggest me on this?
Uscis will not send any separate document list. Only the selection notice. The required document list is available in the site and the documents to be collected.and sent by the company by mail to uscis after legally vetting the petition and related documents. If the appointed attorney is designated he ll send
Services company, they do not have any client invitation, h1 filling done based on internal project requirement, in this scenario what are the chances of getting visa approval?
They have to provide all the vendors and end client letters describing the job duties matching the occupational code and the tentative period of the project and the agreement copy of the employer with the vendor and the layers connected with the end client..if this is done surely the visa will be approved otherwise chances of raising RFE is more
PK2 TCS is yet to notify, pls wait till April 4th!