Looking for H1B FY 2012 Updates ?
Check Out : H1B visa 2012 Cap Count Updates, News
H1B FY 2011 Updates : H1B FY 2011 cap count update page for updates, Analysis and Prediction
No big surprises from USCIS despite the New H1B petition 2011 quota rules released by them earlier this year. USCIS released a News release on March 8th, 2010 about when they will accept H1B petitions for 2011 quota and some information. To see the recession impact on H1B cap reach dates by year, have a look at the analysis article: H1-B Visa Petitions Cap reached dates by Year from 2000 to 2010. Recession impact and Trend Analysis Plot from 2000 – 2010
Summary of the news release by USCIS on H1B visa petitions accepting rules and info :
- H1B petitions for 2011 quota will be accepted April 1, 2011.
- The H1B cap for 2011 quota is 65,000 for general category
- H1B cap count for FY 2011 quota for US MS degree or higher is 20,000
- As needed, USCIS will do lottery if there are more petitions.
- Higher education institutions, non-profit orgs are exempt from the cap.
- H1B extensions are not counted for toward FY 2011 cap.
Official press release : USCIS to Accept H-1B Petitions for Fiscal Year 2011 Beginning April 1, 2010