Since the New I-539 form with Biometrics this year, many of you have been waiting for H4 Approval timelines and we absolutely had no data. Our reader community have been actively contributing their experiences in comments and many user directly to us, you can check all of it at : H4 Extension Biometrics Experiences with New I-539 Form . We have two approvals reported by two of our readers on H4 approval with their timelines. Upon request, our readers ( names kept anonymous for privacy), have been kind enough to take time to share a scan copy of the actual H4 approval notice after Biometrics. Thanks a lot to our readers for sharing the copy of the H4 approval notice and their experience with the community ! Really appreciate it ! Below is their timeline for your review. You can send your experiences to [email protected] or post in User Experiences Section
Experience #1 – H4 Approval Timeline with Biometrics
Only applied for H4 Extension. Have NOT applied for H4 EAD.
Service Center : Vermont
4/03 – USCIS received H1/H4 application in PP
04/08 – H1B Approved.
04/11 – Biometrics notice generated
04/18 – Received receipt numbers for H4
04/25 – Attended Biometrics.
05/16 – Received H4 Approval Notice along with H1 Copy.
- H4 Approved after almost 20 Days after giving Biometrics or about 45 Days from filing H1B + H4 together in premium
Experience #2 – H4 Approval Timeline with Biometrics
Service Center : Vermont
- H1B + H4 Filed in Premium : April 2nd 2019
- Did NOT apply for H4 EAD
- H4 Receipt Generated : April 3rd 2019
- H1B Receipt Generated : April 3rd 2019
- H1B Approved : April 8th 2019
- Biometric Notice Generated : April 5th 2019
- Biometric Notice Received : April 10th 2019
- Biometric Appointment : April 25th 2019
- H4 Approval Date : June 10th, 2019
- H4 Approval took about 69 Days from filing date.
- H4 Approval took about 46 Days after Biometrics were given
- H4 Approval Notice Received in Mail : June 15, 2019
- H4 Approval mail arrival took 74 Days ( 2 month 13 days ) from initial filing.
- It took 51 Days to arrive in mail after Biometrics were done.
- Still online status says “Case Received” after getting approval.
- See below Copy
Word of Caution : I understand, this is a very nervous time for many working on H4 EAD with the H4 EAD Lawsuit, Removal Rulemaking things going on… The intent of sharing approval notices of H4 is to share that there is hope and at least couple of people got approvals. Please use this approval information with caution, do NOT assume that your H4 and H4 EAD will be approved with the same timeline and make your life decisions regarding your H4 and H4 EAD approvals. We only have two approvals info and this is not enough sample to make a generalized approximation. Please consider the maximum processing times that you see on USCIS website for H4 extension processing and then make decisions to be safe. Consult with attorney as well, before you make any decisions.
Please share your H4 experiences, approvals information with community for everyone benefit to get idea in comments as well. Let’s help each other…