Recently Mani attended H1B visa stamping interview at Chennai along with his wife. It is an interesting experience as the petition is filed for someone who works in India for a US company, who do not have an Indian office. Congrats to Mani and his wife on the H1B Approval ! Thanks to Mani for sharing his experience. You can share your experience here
Thank you all for sharing your experiences on H1 visa in this forum. It has helped us to a great extent and it’s my time to share our experience.
Myself and my wife attended the interview at US Consulate, Chennai on 15-Jul-2013.
I am working for an US based product company from India as a contractor. They don’t have an office in India. Visited US on my B1 visa recently for 5 months (between Jan 2013 and May 2013). It is a small company of size 30+ employees. They are sponsoring H-1B visa for me. Will be directly working for this company in the US and no clients.
Visa Interview Questions – H1B Visa
Following are the questions from the visa officer (an American Lady):
1. Verified the passports, I797C approval, I-129 petition and LCA.
2. Where do you work?
3. What is your role?
5. Company size?
6. Business of the company? Explained and provided a brochure of the company too.
7. How did you apply for this job?
9. How many years of experience?
H4 Visa Stamping Interview Questions
To my wife
1. How long have you been married?
2. How many people attended your wedding?
3. What is your husband’s favourite food?
4. What is his favourite show on television?
5. How old is your child?
6. Date of birth of your child?
7. At which hospital the child was born?
She told us to wait by giving an yellow slip which read “Please be seated until your ticket number is called”. After an hour, an Indian lady asked us the following questions:
Additional – Questions
1. You already work for them from Chennai, why do you want to go to the US?
2. Last visit to the US
3. What did you do in the business visit for 5 months?
4. On what project are you going to work?
5. How many people are working on this project?
6. How long is this project?
7. Verified my educational certificates and offer letter.
At last, the same VO came and said that your visa is approved 🙂 We collected our stamped passports on 17-Jul-2013.