Couple of our readers, Ramakanth, Devansh Sharma, were gracious to share their experiences preparing documentation for Visitor Visa(B2) for their parents to visit USA, including visa interview questions. Thanks to them for taking time to share his experience with our readers. If you have any experience as well, please send it to redbus2us(at)gmail.com
Visitor Visa (B2) for USA – Documentation preparation & Visa Interview
Hi Friends, My Parents got visiting visa (B2) for USA last week and I would like to give you a brief information on the Visiting Visa so that it helps others.
- DS-160: I filled the DS-160 forms online individually for my parents and got confirmations for the same.
- Visa stamping Appointment: Booked appointment online at US Consulate, Hyderabad. I scheduled same interview time for my parents by adding family member while taking appointment and I chose English as the Language for interview. (As my father would help my mother in translation)
- OFC Appointments were not available back then, otherwise you need to take those appointments as well.
Documents sent for Parents US Visa Stamping:
- H1 approval copy
- Employment Letter
- Bank Statements and Transactions(6 months)
- Tax Forms (3yrs), I-134
- Passport copies
- Interview Letters
- DS Confirmations
- Invitation Letter
- Letter to Consulate
- Cover Letter to Consulate
- Birth Certificate(Notarized in India)
Documents my Parents Carried for Visa Interview:
- HDFC Receipts
- DS Confirmation
- All my Documents
- Property Documents
- Tax filing documents.
Parents US Visa interview Questions asked by Visa officer:
1. How many children? (I am the younger)
2. What does the elder son do? and where is he? (my bro is in India and work for IBM)
3. What was your occupation and what were the responsibilites?
4. How many months you are willing to stay in US?
5. What places will you visit?
6. What property do you have?
7. When will you return back?
8. Where does your son work?
9. To my mother, what about madam….Father replied, she is an Housewife.
My Tips for Visitor Visa :
- Be Specific in giving the answers.
- Be confident.
- Prepare for the answers ahead for the questions related to you (sponsor) like job title/type of work/yrs. of exp.
I hope this will help with the whole process and please email me if you have any questions.
Parents Visa B2 USA Experience – October 2018 by Devansh Sharma. Thank you Devansh for sharing their Parent’s experience !
Hi All, Just sharing my experience on B2 visa process. Recently my parent’s visa got approved. Process wise it is fairly straight forward . Documents and procedure is almost same as mentioned above in this blog.
Steps for Applying for Parents Visitor Visa to USA
1). Filled separate DS-160 for my father and mother.
2). Deposited fee (online) and scheduled appointment, one for OFC and other one for visa interview.
3). List of documents I collected :
a). My I-94
b). First three pages of my petition I129-S.
c). My visa copy.
d). First and last page page copy of my passport . Also passport page having my entry stamp in USA.
e). Employment letter from my employer.
f). W-2 form copy.
g). Application to consulate general (Request to issue visitor visa to my parents).
h). Invitation letter for my parents.
i). Latest 6 month’s bank statement.
j). Last three months salary slips.
k). Bank reference letter.
Apart from these documents, I asked my parent to carry their bank passbook , my father’s pension id card and property documents in India. All these documents are not mandatory just for the safer side.
My Parent’s consulate experience was very good. The officer only asked them to give their passports. No other documents.
Parents Visa Interview Questions asked were :
a). Where are you going in USA and why?
b). When do you have plan to visit?
You may also read : Process and Documents required Parents visa – Templates
Image credit : http://www.flickr.com/photos/varktherebel/3946614624/sizes/m/