Many students applying for MS in USA for Spring 2011 are wondering what is the best schedule to plan the application well for Spring 2011. Here are few questions that go through most of the student’s mind :
- What are the deadlines for Spring 2011 admissions for MS or MBA ?
- When to take GRE ? TOEFL ?
- How to plan well for getting scholarships for Spring 2011 ?
- When to talk to professors for Recommendations ?
- When to do the Bank statement ?
- When to apply for transcripts for application ?
In fact, I have written an article on F1 Application : Scholarship deadlines Vs Admission Deadlines ? How to Plan your Application Process ?, this article is in fact similar, but more specific for Spring 2011 admission deadlines and planning your admission.
Application Deadlines for Spring 2011 graduate school ?
Typically, the International students applying to Graduate school have to plan well because the deadlines for Spring 2011 admissions vary by every university. For some schools, they are in July 2010, for some they are in August 2010, and for some they are in October 2010. Some universities do not even take international students for Spring. Have a look at some of the Universities listed below ; it gives you an idea what I trying to say.
You can click on the links to visit the University deadlines page and verify 🙂
- Univ of Houston Spring 2011 Deadline – October 1st 2010
- University of Texas A&M, College station – Varies by Major
- Computer Sciences at TAMU – August 1st 2010
- Univ of Illinois, Chicago – July 15th 2010
- Stanford University : Varies by major and School
- Computer Sciences Program : Quarter System Autumn
- SUNY Buffalo : Varies by Program and School
- Computer Sciences program at SUNY : November 1st 2010
- University of Illinois – Urbana Champaign : 10 months before program starts
- Computer Sciences Program : International March 2010 and domestic Graduate – Oct 15th
- Purdue University : Varies my Major
- Computer Sciences Program – October 1st
- Univ of Wisconsin – Madison – Vary by program
- Computer Sciences Program : NO New Spring Admissions
Overall, you get the idea, it is very different for every school and you will have to plan very well if you are planning to get into good schools.
Assuming Spring 2011 admission Deadline is October 1st 2010, Sample schedule:
It is just an assumption as October 1st 2010, based on majority of schools have the deadline in October. But, you have to plan well and consider as some schools have admission deadlines for spring 2011 in March 2010 and some have in July 2010. This schedule is a sample baseline that can help you plan.
Sample Spring 2011 Application Plan with deadlines for Graduate Students :
Activity for Admission
Month & Timing, Complete By
|GRE and TOEFL Preparation||Jan, Feb, March, April 2010|
|GRE Test||April 15th , 2010|
|TOEFL Test||April 30th , 2010|
|University Selection list||Full Month : May , June 2010|
|Scholarships Prep and Apply.||May and June 2010 .|
|Online Applications Complete||July 1st 2010|
|SOP and Scholarship essays||August 1st – August 30th 2010|
|Transcripts& Recommendations||July and August 2010|
|Bank Statement Preparation||August 1st – August 30th 2010.|
|Draft of application set||August 15th , 2010|
|Final Check and mail / Post application material||Sep 1st – September 15th 2010.|
You will have to look at the scholarship deadlines independently when you are trying to find the best universities that suit you. Look for scholarship deadlines and then apply early accordingly early. If you are not sure what are the steps involved when you are applying, here is a complete check list of tasks: Guide / steps to study in USA for International students? How to plan?
Hopefully, this article helps you plan well ahead of time, if you are applying for MS or MBA for Spring 2011 term.
Original Image credits (modified) : http://www.flickr.com/photos/indykethdy/3503539619/