Process of Applying for Undergraduate Graduation/Commencement in USA

In Student Life by KumarUpdated : 5 Comments

By Guest Author

Applying to graduation  in US Universities on time is a very important thing and it involves few key steps like

  • Apply-for-Graduation-in-US-Universities-for-UndergradTalk to your Adviser
  • Check the deadlines
  • Fill up the graduation application
  • Watch for Mail/ email
  • Buy the graduation cap & gown
  • Official Graduation Ceremony

As you approach the completion of all of your requirements, graduation is only a few steps away.   It is important to talk to your advisor and make sure that you stay on track with your classes in order to ensure a timely graduation.

It is important to check the deadlines at your university as they will vary by college, but generally it will be sometime during the semester before the semester you plan to graduate after.  There will most likely be an application to fill.  You will be asked basic student information as well as your degrees and majors.  You can check with your advisor and/or the Registrar’s office for more information.

The graduation examiner will then check all of your requirements.  Watch your mail and email for a reply from the examiner.  If your application is deemed deficient, you will need to correct it in order to guarantee graduation.

After that, just keep an eye on your email for updates about the ceremony and other important information for graduating student; be sure to buy your cap and gown sometime during your final semester!  Then all you have to do is focus on your classes, make sure you are able to pass all of them (with flying colors of course!) and then you officially graduate after the graduation/commencement ceremony!

About Guest Author : Kristal recently graduated from a State University in US with B.A and B.S in Economics, Mathematics, and Spanish Majors. She is going to attend a reputed University for PhD in Economics in fall 2010 with full funding. She will share her undergraduate experiences and PhD admission tips with our readers.

Image Credit :


Other Articles

Comments ( 5 )

  1. Amitesh Anand

    I have completed Diploma in Electrical Engineering last year with 65% marks through out the semesters and I have one year work experience. I am an undergraduate Indian. So, can I get job in USA on the basis of my qualification?

  2. Dimpal Girishkuar Patel

    Dear Sir,
    Now I am studing in 12th Arts. I want go at U.S.A. by study visa. get me advice how to apply for this ? And what’s process for study visa ?

Leave a Comment

Comments Policy :
  • Comments are to drive conversation, add your thoughts, experiences, ask questions!
  • Do NOT write hate speech, swear words, or get into fight. Maintain etiquette
  • Enter your Name, valid Email, URL(optional - Facebook, LinkedIn profile URLs).
  • Your email will NOT be published. Do NOT post any phone numbers, email-ids
  • Do NOT post any links from other websites, unless official sites, University websites.
  • By submitting your comment, you agree to Term and Conditions of our website.