Recently a good friend of mine, Babu attended L1A visa stamping at Chennai. He was kind enough to write up and share his experience with our readers. Thanks to Babu !
Background L1-A Visa stamping
I am a resident of Hyderabad, since there were no dates available in Hyderabad so I went to Chennai Consulate for stamping for L1-A extension. Below are the questions I was asked by Visa Officer (VO)
L1A Visa Interview Questions :
- How many years of experience you have?
- How long you are with present company?
- How long you have been on Manager Role with present company?
- How many people report to you in US?
- Does anyone report to your sub-ordinates?
- Whom do you report to?
- How many years you were in US?
- Can I see your Pay Stubs?
He has seen each and every Pay Stub thoroughly and returned them back.
Chennai consulate is not crowded as it used to be 2-3 years back. If you go 30 minutes before the interview also, they will allow you to go inside. They have token system for each counter, overall you will have to go at 2 counters only. The whole process is not taking more than 30 minutes. My visa stamping went well and got my passport in a week.
You may also check out – L2 Visa – How to Apply for EAD Card