As I scanned through most of the comments on H1B topics, one of the most discussed topics is “ How long will my H1B petition processing take, I have filed in April ?”. Some of you may know how to check the processing times on USCIS website, some of you may not know exactly. This article is a guide with screenshots to help some of you how to verify the processing times of your applications in various centers.
Identify your Processing center from H1B receipt Number ?
Read this article : Understanding H1B Case Number for full details about your case. On a high level first three letters indicate the location name of the service center where the H1B visa petition was filed.
- LIN – Nebraska Service Center (LIN refers to Lincoln, Nebraska).
- EAC – Vermont Service Center (old name: Eastern Adjudication Center).
- SRC – Texas Service Center (old name: Southern Regional Center).
- WAC – California Service Center (old name: Western Adjudication Center).
Check the H1B Processing time on USCIS website
It might be pretty obvious link on home page, but in case you have not noticed…on the USCIS Home page Main Navigation under Tools –> See Office Case Processing Times
1) You can directly click Check Processing times
2) Select your processing center based on the case number at your hand
3) Display of processing times at a center.
Look at the screenshots below. You may not see exact dates at some centers and they say two months or so. Be aware that USCIS may not update these dates daily. It is just a high level time.
Look at History of average Processing times in the past few years at USCIS H1B Processing centers
Another way to look at the processing times is to look at the average processing times that they have taken in the past few years. This is probably a better metric when you are waiting for the response from USCIS. They used to give trends by processing center, but not available. You can check the below checking link USCIS Average Processing Times History Check below for past few years info.
Also, you can check out H1B Visa Tracker to get an idea from Crowd Sourced Data from users like you !
What has been your experience ? Share your thoughts.