When a foreigner travels to USA and enters at a designated US Port of Entry, their arrival departure information is captured in a form called I-94. It used to be a physical form in the past, but from April 26, 2013, the arrival and departure information is captured electronically and the I-94 form is fully automated. When passengers arrive at US Port of Entry, as part of Procedures at PoE, CBP Officer Stamps their passport with their visa type they are entering in and lets them enter US. Passengers can access their I-94 electronic record online and use it as needed in US to prove their proper visa status and arrival info.
Sample I-94 Electronic Record – Online :
Below is sample I-94 Electronic record that was retrieved online on DHS website. It has some important information as listed below
- Admission I-94 Record Number : Indicates the I-94 form number, that is used to retrieve your info. It is same as the form number on physical I-94 form.
- Most Recent Date of Entry : This is the date that you entered USA
- Class of Admission : This corresponds to the visa you used to enter America. In below example, it is B1 visa.
- Admit Until Date : This is the date, when the passenger or user has to leave America. Basically, it is the expiry date of the status in US and when they should depart US.
- Last Name : The last name, surname or family name of the traveler arriving in US
- First (Given) Name : The first name or given name of the traveler arriving in US
- Birth Date : Date of birth of the traveler
- Passport Number : Passport number of the traveler
- Country of Issuance : The country of citizenship of traveler.
Sample I-94 Electronic Record – Online from 2013 :
Below is a sample I-94 electronic record that was printed online back in 2013, when the new system was in place. If you compare both above one from 2019 vs. the old one, it has not really changed anything. It has been consistent.