As you know, you can go to Canada or Mexico for H1B visa stamping, on the same lines, recently a very good friend of mine got his H1B visa stamped in Canada. He is kind enough to take time and write his experience. It took him 19 days for the whole process to complete. The consulate office asked him to send him various documents 3 times. It is good to know some of the process involved and why he had to wait for 19 days in Canada. This is in no means scare anyone to go to H1B visa stamping for Canada, but just to let you all be prepared. Hopefully it helps you be prepared for your H1B visa stamping. Thanks a lot to my friend for taking time to write and share his visa stamping experience with our readers. We really appreciate his time and effort.
‘I’ or ‘my’ refers to my friend and ‘VO’ refers to Visa officer.
Details of my H1B visa Interview experience in Canada 2010:
I attended my visa interview on March 15th in Toronto, Canada. VO did not ask any docs. She just asked about my company and my job responsibilities. Then, she gave me 221g yellow form with administrative review checked. On the day of my interview, VO had taken my original I797, I129 petition and LCA
On March 17th, I got an email from consulate asking me to submit the below docs. I had submitted all docs as per their request on Thursday (personally)
1) Petitioner’s Income Tax Return for the last three tax years and unemployment wage reports.
2) A notarized list of all the petitioner’s employees of the job site listed. The list should show all employee’s names, their specific job titles, start and end dates, their individual salaries and immigration status.
3) My pay stubs
4) My Academic certificates.
After 4 days, I got another mail from consulate asking additional docs, I emailed them on the same day.
1) Client Letter
2) Contract between company (Petitioner) and Vendor.
3) Contract between Vendor and Client.
After another 4 days I got a mail from consulate asking me to submit the below docs.
1) Proof of payment between Company and Vendor.
2) Proof of payment between Vendor and Client.
5 days after submitting all the required documents, I got an email saying that they asked me to come down and drop the passport for stamping. I submitted the passport at the counter in consulate and I collected the passport after a day with H1B visa stamp on it.
The whole process took 19 days. Make sure to provide all the documentation they asked for.