Many of the H1B visa petitioners ( employers) and the employees are curious about what exactly happens at the USCIS service center after a H1B visa application is submitted. Let me share with you the high level process on USCIS’s side as mentioned by them.
Steps at USCIS Service Center after Submitting H1B Petition :
- After USCIS receives a H1B petition, they verify the fees, signatures, service center, and other basics to make sure the application is properly filed. If properly filed, they stamp each petition with date of Arrival at the Service center. Suppose if the application is improperly filed, they reject the H1B petition and return to employer with respective fee. USCIS will not retain any filing date for these rejected petitions.
- A clerk takes all the submitted documents along with original petition and creates a paper file. This file is the official file for any activities tied to the H1B petition.
- The application file is sorted into cap counted or non-cap counted cases.
- The sorted file is assigned to an Adjudicator, who check all the information and verifies if there is enough information to take a decision, either approve or reject.
- If sufficient information and proof is available, the adjudicator makes a decision and enters the same into the tracking system. If not, an RFE ( request for evidence) is issued to employer, who filed the petition.
- If the petitioner ( employer) does not respond to RFE within a specified time, the H1B visa petition will be denied.
- If the adjudicators sense anything wrong, based on their guidelines, with the application or company, they will refer the case to Center for Fraud Detection Office.
- Once the H1B petition is adjudicated ( decision taken), all the application related information is sent to USCIS records center for storage or sent to Kentucky Consular center for consular processing.
What are your thoughts on USCIS’s Process ?
Sign up for FREE H1B visa News & Updates using below form :
Image Credit : http://www.flickr.com/photos/earthisthering/5343590457/sizes/m/