The Immigration Bill, HR 3648 also called “The Equal Access to Green Cards for Legal Employment (EAGLE) ACT of 2022“, which is aimed at removing Green Card per-country caps based on country of birth, was originally introduced in House on June 1st, 2021. It was later re-introduced in 2022.
We have created this page to track all the latest news updates, both official & rumors, including key activities & events organized by advocacy groups. We continue to update this page as we have new updates.
Official EAGLE Act 2022 – Bill Info for House, Senate
EAGLE Act of 2022: US House Bill Info
- Official Bill Text – House: HR 3648 Bill Text on House.gov PDF file – 2022
- Official Bill page at Congress.gov – House: H.R. 3648 Bill page on Congress.gov
EAGLE Act of 2022: US Senate Bill Info
- Official Bill Text – Senate: S.4567 Bill Text on Congress.gov PDF File – 2022
- Official Bill page at Congress.gov – Senate: S. 4567 Bill Page on Congress.gov
Latest News on HR 3648 Bill – EAGLE Act 2022
Below are the most recent updates for the EAGLE Act of 2022, which is nothing but a re-introduction of the same bill from 2021 again in the House and Senate.
November 14th, 2022: Not much has changed in the last few months since the introduction.
- The total Sponsors in Congress for the Eagle Act of 2022 as of today
- Senate (S. 4567): Sponsors are three. Need more support.
- House ( H.R. 3648): Sponsors are 83. Need more support too.
- We may see some movement in the Eagle Act 2022 Bill in the later part of the November and December 2022 as the mid-term elections are almost done.
- We may see some progress as it would be a lame duck session.
- We will update this page as more advocacy efforts are done and something moves.
August 3rd, 2022: The EAGLE ACT of 2022 that was introduced in the Senate got a new number. Below are the details
- The EAGLE ACT of 2022 that was introduced in Senate got a number, it is S.4567. See below
- All the draft of the bill text remains same as what we saw before, nothing changed.
- You can check it on the Congress.gov
July 20th, 2022: The EAGLE ACT of 2022 was introduced in the Senate. Below are the details of the same.
- Senators Kevin Cramer and John Hickenlooper introduced the EAGLE ACT of 2022.
- The Bill text of the EAGLE Act of 2022 that was introduced in the Senate is very much same as the one that was introduced in House back in June 2022.
- The Bill introduced in Senate also includes the new provision regarding the “Ending Media Abuse of H1B”
- No voting or any other details are out yet.
- There is no bill number assigned yet in Senate. It is not on Congress.gov with the assigned Bill number that starts with S.
- For full details of text, read full version of the Draft Bill
- You can read the press release by Sen. Cramer with full details
June 7th, 2022: The EAGLE ACT of 2022 was introduced in the House again. Below are the details of the same.
- The number of co-sponsors for the bill has gone up and now stands at 83.
- Most of the text of the Bill remains the same. There were two changes :
- The first change is the effective date of the bill, which is adjusted to reflect 2022.
- The second change in the entire document includes a section on “Ending media abuse of H-1B“, as shown in the below screenshot.
- You can read the full details of the bill text at Bill Text of HR 3648.
The information below is the timeline of events that happened with the previous version of the same bill ( EAGLE ACT of 2021) in 2021.
Timeline, History of HR 3648 Bill in 2021(EAGLE Act 2021)
September 15th, 2021 : Below are the updates in the last 30 days or so.
- In the last 30 days, there were few more co-sponsors who got added. the count stands at 72 co-sponsors now.
- There has been less focus on this EAGLE Act 2021 as the focus is on the Budget Reconciliation Bill, which has a lot of key immigration related items that are from EAGLE Act.
- We may not see much progress on this bill until the Budget Reconciliation Bill related immigration bill is finalized and a decision is made on it.
- As of Sep 15th, the budget reconcilation Bill has passed the House Committe and next will come to House Floor for voting. You can check the text of the Bill
August 17th, 2021 : In the last week or so, the overall co-sponsors count increased from 61 to 63. No new updates. There are more talks on the budge reconciliation bill and if some parts of the Eagle Act would go in there. We need to wait and see what comes out.
August 10th, 2021 : In the last two weeks or so, the overall co-sponsors count increased from 53 to 61. Still a long way to go. Below is the list. Other than this, there is no major update on the bill in terms of advocacy or any other aspects.
July 26th, 2021 : In the last week or so, more cosponsors for the bill were added. The total stand at 53 as of today. Below is the list. No major new updates other the change in co-sponsors list.
July 18th, 2021 : In the last three weeks, below are the updates
- More co-sponsors are added, total co-sponsors stand at 45. See the below screenshot.
- There was Juidicary Committee Meeting with lot of information on how US is losing talent to Canda and issues around less H1Bs, Green Card wait times. There is a lot of material that youc an check out and review documents on the same. Check US Immigration Committe hearhing July 2021
- We also have the official text of the full bill available on the Congres website.
- No other new updates on the bill. There is no lobbying or other activities happening on TV or Events, etc.
June 29th, 2021 : In the last one week, we had about 6 more House Reps, who joined as co-sponsors for the bill. Now the count stands at 37 total. See below. Still a long way to go. No other significant activities are outreach activities were reported regarding the EAGLE ACT 2021.
June 22nd, 2021: Since June 14th, there were about 3 more Reps who got added to the co-sponsors. Total now stands at 31 for co-sponsors. See below. The current count of co-sponsors is way lower than what the previous similar Bill HR 1044, which had 311 Co-sponsors. Technically, 10 times more than what we have now for the Eagle Act of 2021. No other major development reported in the social media like events or anything as such.
June 14th, 2021 : There were about 6 new co-sponsors added in the last week. Now the total stands at 28 sponsors. There is no other news regarding the Bill. It is currently with the House Judiciary Committee. Still there is no update on the Summary or the official text. All we have is the draft text that is shared by the sponsors on June 1st, 2021.
June 4th, 2021 : There are 3 more new co-sponsors for the bill. The total co-sponsors are now 22. See below.
June 1st, 2021 : House Bill, HR 3648, was introduced in the US House by Rep. Zoe Lofgren and Rep. John Curtis as the leads. They have made announcements on their website and provided a summary of the same. Below is the key update
- The Bill was introduced in House and referred to House Judiciary Committee.
- There are 19 Co-sponsors for the Bill. The higher the better chances of it passing.
- Below is how it looks on the Official Congress.gov webpage without any proper summary or details, including text. The draft is only shared by the Reps on their website.
- Press Release by Rep. Zoe Lofgren : EAGLE Act 2021 – Eliminate per country limits on Employment based visas.