The Immigration Bill, HR 3648 also called “The Equal Access to Green Cards for Legal Employment (EAGLE) ACT of 2021”, which is aimed at removing Green Card per-country caps based on country of birth, was introduced in House on June 1st, 2021. We have created this page to track all the latest news updates, official & rumours, including key activities & events organized by advocacy groups. We continue to update this page as we have new updates.
If you are new and not sure what the Immigration Bill is about, read the below:
- Article: EAGLE Act 2021 – GC Per Country Cap Removal Bill: Summary, Chances?
- YouTube Video: EAGLE Act 2021 – Video Summary, Chances?
- Official Bill Text: HR 3648 Bill Text on House.gov PDF file (35 pages)
- Official Bill page on Congress.gov : H.R. 3648 Bill page on Congress.gov
Latest News on HR 3648 Bill – EAGLE Act 2021
June 4th, 2021 : There are 3 more new co-sponsors for the bill. The total co-sponsors are now 22. See below.
June 1st, 2021 : House Bill, HR 3648, was introduced in the US House by Rep. Zoe Lofgren and Rep. John Curtis as the leads. They have made announcements on their website and provided a summary of the same. Below is the key update
- The Bill was introduced in House and referred to House Judiciary Committee.
- There are 19 Co-sponsors for the Bill. The higher the better chances of it passing.
- Below is how it looks on the Official Congress.gov webpage without any proper summary or details, including text. The draft is only shared by the Reps on their website.
- Press Release by Rep. Zoe Lofgren : EAGLE Act 2021 – Eliminate per country limits on Employment based visas.