Do B-Schools in USA accept 15 year Education for MBA ? List of Schools
I have seen many students ask questions like
- I have BA / B.com from India, am I eligible for MBA in US ?
- Am I eligible for MBA in USA with 15 years of Education ?
- Do all schools in US accept 15 year education ?
- Do US schools consider 3 year Bachelors degree of MBA ?
- Can I get list of B-schools that accept 15 year education ?
In fact, many professionals and their spouses, who reside in US are in situations where they are not sure if their 3 year bachelors degree is eligible for applying to MBA schools… Let me share some facts with references to help you clarify some of the above questions.
What is exactly 15 years of education ? BA / B.com degree India / UK ?
Some undergraduate degrees like Bachelors of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Commerce(B.Com) in countries like India, UK are typically of 3 years duration. With 3 years bachelors degree the years of education adds up to 15 years ( 12 + 3 ).
Do Business schools in US accept 15 years of education for MBA ?
It depends. There are some top 10 schools that accept the 15 years of education for MBA and some do not…so there is nothing etched on rock…For instance, Tuck School of Business, which is an Ivy league B-school, explicitly states in their MBA Admission FAQs that they accept 3 year degree at University level. Unlike, at Hass School of Business, UC Berkley , they explicitly say in their admission FAQs that they do not accept 3 year degrees from India and give a full list of what university degrees from India that they accept and not…The conclusion from above examples is, it totally depends on school. Some B-schools may not mention these fine details about 3 year degrees in their FAQs.
What should one do before applying with 3 year Bachelors degree ?
Well, first stop is to check the Admission FAQs. If they explicitly say like at Berkley MBA FAQs , then you do not need to check with anyone. If not, you should email the admissions coordinator at the Business school for clarification if they accept or not. Also, you may want to check with the Graduate school admissions office about your degree. It is up to Graduate school and Business school to decide. You can either email them or call them. I would personally email them because, you have it for record. If you are already in US, then you can plan to meet the admissions coordinator in person and clarify all the questions.
List of US Schools that accept 15 year education or 3 year bachelors degree for MBA ?
You can directly visit the respective schools FAQs page by clicking on links next to school name below.
- Dartmouth University, Tuck School of Business, - MBA FAQs
- Northwestern University, Kellog School of Management – 3 year Degree
- Columbia Business School 3 year Degree accepted
- Harvard Business School, MBA FAQ 3 year degree
- University of Chicago, Booth School of Business International degree
- Duke University, Fuqua School of Business International degree Requirement
- MIT, Sloan School of Management 3 year degree qualification
- UPenn, Wharton School of Business 3 year bachelor degree FAQ
This is NOT a comprehensive list, but I have tried to include some of the best B-schools that I know for sure with corresponding FAQs links. Please add more schools if you know for sure that accept 3 year degrees or 15 year education.
Any personal experience applying to schools in US with 15 years education or 3 year bachelors ?
Do you like the article ?
Like and Give Google +1 for this Article :
- Graduate School Education MS, MBA or PhD. America vs. India?
- After Second Masters (MS/ MBA) in USA, Do you get OPT for One year ?
- MS or MBA education in USA. Is US Education right for me ?
- Best way to pay off Education loan in home Country after getting Job in US?
- Is MS/MBA in US one year or Two years or more? Can you graduate early?