When you enter Australia as foreigner and not eligible for e-Visa clearance at any kiosks, you would go through immigration lane and would be interviewed by immigration officer at the port of entry. It is important to be prepared to answer all the questions asked at Australian port of entry such as Airports or Seaports.
Australia Port of Entry Questions
Below are some of the most common port of entry questions asked by Australian immigration officers :
- What is the purpose of your travel to Australia ?
- Can you show me a copy of your Australian Visa ?
- Where are you staying in Australia ?
- How long do you intend to stay in Australia ?
- Can I get a copy of your Hotel reservation ?
- Show me a copy of your business conference invite in Australia ?
- What is your occupation?
- How much money are you carrying for Travel in Australia ?
- How do you plan to fund your Australian Trip ?
- Who are your contacts in Australia ?
- Can you share details of the contacts in Australia ?
- Can you share the details of the person, who invited you to Australia ?
- Can I get a copy of bank statements to prove you have sufficient funds for travel in Australia ?
- What do you plan to do during your stay in Australia ?
- Do you have return flight ticket to your home country ?
- Do you intend to travel to New Zealand ?
- Do you plan to work during your vacation in Australia ?
- Where is your country of residence ?
- Did you travel to any African countries Recently ?
- Do you have anything to declare that you are bringing to Australia ?