As you are going through the process of applying for US Visa Stamping at a US Consulate or US Embassy, you would use US Visa Appointment Online booking system at ustraveldocs.com website. The actual online appointment booking system is redirected to CGI Federal website that runs on Salesforce’s force.com platform. While the online appointment booking system works fairly well, there are some common errors that you might encounter. In this article, we have summarized all the common errors with the US visa appointment booking system, what is the meaning of the same, how to fix those errors.
Error occurred while loading a Visaualforce Page
Issue : You may get an error message in US Visa Appointment Booking system that says “Error: Error Occurred while loading a Visualforce page.” as in the below screenshot during one of the following situations.
- When you are trying to fill out the details related to Emergency US Visa Appointment(EA) request on CGI Federal website and submit the same, sometimes you may get the below error.
- You may also get the below error, when you are trying to change the DS-160 number, after you have created a new DS-160 and trying to update that number with the new number.
- You may also get this error, when you are trying to update your profile on USTravelDocs CGI Federal website.
Reason for Error : The error is related to Saleforce platform Force.com’s common error related to form submission or changes related to form. It is a generic message and does not give you any information. It can be confusing and you may not know, if the action you performed was successful.
Solutions/ Outcome : Below is the typical outcome or solution to your error.
- Emergency Visa Appointment Request Submission: When you get the above error during submission of Emergency US visa Appointment Request, then most of the time, your EA request was submitted successfully. You should not submit or refresh the page again. If you refresh the page, it will be submitted twice. One way to validate and be sure that your EA request was submitted is to email the USTravelDocs Support email and ask for the same. They would usually confirm if your EA request was submitted successfully. You can also call the support team to confirm the same.
- Profile Update, DS-160 Update : If you are getting the above error for profile changes or updates to the DS-160 number, then you need to call customer service to check the reason for the issue. Sometimes, it is not reflected or some duplicate issues. They will help you sort it out. You can email or call them.
- Whom to email or Call : The email address for USTravelDocs varies by country, so you need to check the support email for your country on the ustraveldocs.com website related to your country. For India, the support email is [email protected] , you just email the address to get confirmation.
Your Group Size is Larger than the current allocation
Issue : When you are trying to book US Visa Appointment for in-person interview, dropbox appointment or for biometrics at VAC, you may end up getting the error that says “Your Group Size is Larger than the current allocation”. It looks like in the below screenshot.
- You may also get the same error, when you are trying to book Emergency Appointment after your EA request was approved by the US consulate or US Embassy.
- You can also get the same error, when you are in second step of booking appointment. Meaning, you were able to book the VAC appointment for biometrics and you get this error for the actual in-person interview booking.
- This error can appear for all visa types, it does not matter on the visa type.
Reason for the Error : You may get this error for a variety of reasons. One of the most common reasons for the error is the fact that the appointment slots are not available when you are trying to book the slot, especially when you go to that page. Sometimes slots fill up fast and within a minute or so, you may lose the slot. That’s when you get this weird error that says “group is larger than the current allocation”
Solution / How to fix Error : Below are some common solutions as suggested by US Travel Docs support and user community.
- Try after few hours : As per USTravelDocs Support, the most common issue is due to lack of appointment slots. They suggest to check for the appointment after every 5 to 6 hours and see if this error occurs again. If there are slots available, you would be able to book.
- Call the Customer Service : If the error still exists after few hours, then you should call or email the USTravelDocs Customer Service. This email and phone number varies by country. For India, the support email is [email protected] and share your issue, they will guide and fix the error. They would sometimes do something in the backend to fix the error. It depends on your case and why you are getting the same.
- Approved Emergency Appointment Request, not able to book Slot: If the above two options do not work and in cases where you have EA request approved, but continue to get the above error “your group size is larger than the current allocation”, then you can email the consulate you are booking EA appointment with and attach your EA request details again asking for help. You should get a response in 1 to 2 days, if not follow up. Check US Consulates India Emails and Phone info.