Did you apply for H1B visa ? Check H1B Processing times. Please add your H1B Application info to our H1B Tracker !
0 votes
Hi Saurabh,

My I-94 will expire on March 16, 2013 & I'm on the 7th year of my L1A. As per my records, I've still 60 days to complete 7 years on L1A, if I come back to US after the renewal of my visa in Aotil, 2013.

My queries are:-

1. Will transferring from L1 to H1 (under this year's cap) will extend my stay in US beyond 7 years?

2. Filing GC under Eb1 will help?

3. If you can suggest any other way to stay in US, as my departure will have a big impoact on the company?


in L1, L2, H4, B Visas & Misc by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
1. No

2. You cannot apply for L-1 extension on the basis of pedning GC.

3. See if you can work from CA. If yes, then they can file GC for you in EB-1 and you can return once your GC process is completed. As you will be outside of US during GC process, it won't be AOS but a consular interview.
by (285k points)

Related questions

0 votes
0 answers 162 views
0 votes
0 answers 165 views
0 votes
1 answer 1.6k views
1.6k views asked Sep 6, 2012 in L1, L2, H4, B Visas & Misc by India22 (120 points)