My mother’s vistor/tourist visa was denied with 214(b) at the consulate interview. This was her visa renewal. She has had 10 year vistors visa in the past and traveled about 8 times to US on the same. But her visa renewal was refused with 214(b) at the consulate.
Questions asked :
1. Where is your daughter in US?
2. Is your other daughter in India? Yes
3. How long are you planning to stay ? 6 months.
1. My mother is widowed, I have one sibling who is living in India. She was married when she originally got the visa.
2. She has pension income, owns land & propert but it was not asked at interview.
3. She has been visiting US regularly, staying 5-6 months each time but she has been promptly going back. We never extended her stay/visa.
4. We applied for visa renewal about 6 months before her current visa expiry (visa expires in December, she went for interview in May/June. We thought it is good to have it renewed before she travels yet another time. We were not aware then she could have traveled on her existing visa even a day prior to expiry.
She is going again a second time. We are very anxious and stressed. Any tips for us? Anything we could have done differently? Anything we should have thoUght through?
Thanks so much!