Did you apply for H1B visa ? Check H1B Processing times. Please add your H1B Application info to our H1B Tracker !
0 votes


I did my first masters in Arts (2010 - 2012), completed 12 months OPT , changed to H1b for 3 years (2013 - 2016).

Due to some issues h1b extension denied. Went back to India within a week, returned on F1 visa Masters in Computer Science (2017-2018).

Am I eligible to do another Masters , without taking CPT and change to H1b while on F1?

in Study in USA by (140 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Yes, you can. But, regarding H1B transfer, if you were already counted towards cap, you can apply for COS as needed. But again, doing F1 and then immediately doing COS can raise flags, speak to an attorney and make a decision. Better thing is to stay in home country, get H1B and stamping also from home country and travel to US with work visa and right intent to work.
by (59.1k points)

Related questions

0 votes
0 answers 612 views
612 views asked Sep 7, 2017 in H1B Visa by shravan77 (120 points)
0 votes
0 answers 514 views
0 votes
0 answers 206 views
206 views asked Aug 6, 2012 in H1B Visa by F1 VISA (200 points)
0 votes
0 answers 185 views
185 views asked Aug 3, 2012 in H1B Visa by F1 VISA (200 points)