Did you apply for H1B visa ? Check H1B Processing times. Please add your H1B Application info to our H1B Tracker !
0 votes

I was back to Nepal due to family illness and had to overstay for more then 8 months but now I have a valid I I-20 form college that I was given visa for, but when I checked my passport status online it shows "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted." Does It make any problem when travelling to usa if I have all the valid document showing why I was here at Nepal not going back to university in time.

in Study in USA by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Your situation falls under 5 month rule. You will need to pay SEVIS fee again and apply for F1 visa, if you do not have a valid visa on your passport. Check with your DSO and seek guidance. You can check Official Study in States guide on 5 month F1 visa rule. 

by (59.3k points)

Related questions