Did you apply for H1B visa ? Check H1B Processing times. Please add your H1B Application info to our H1B Tracker !
0 votes
I am from India. My employer is filing H1B under cap exempt category in 10 days time. I do have visitor visa B1/B2 visa of US. Can I enter US on B1/B2 and start working when my petition is approved or it is mandatory for me to get H1B visa stamping from US consulate, New Delhi before entering US?

Or, I can enter US , start working and later get the visa stamping from outside US?
in H1B Visa by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
If you enter US on a B1/B2, then a change of status application will be required for your H1B to be activated. Travel outside the US is not needed but staus change request must be filed. Also, your stay in the US might get randomly restricted to 30-90 days because you are a tourist. I suggest waiting and getting your H1B stamp done in Delhi
by (75.9k points)

Related questions

0 votes
0 answers 168 views
0 votes
0 answers 353 views
353 views asked Mar 8, 2018 in H1B Visa by sumiya (160 points)
0 votes
0 answers 90 views
90 views asked Jul 30, 2017 in H1B Visa by shashipmore (120 points)
0 votes
0 answers 130 views