Did you apply for H1B visa ? Check H1B Processing times. Please add your H1B Application info to our H1B Tracker !
0 votes
My wife lives with a H1B in the USA. Although I own a H4, but live in Germany. Currently it is not possible to move to the USA for organizational reasons. Her employer wants to sponsor her a green card. PERM has been approved and within a few days the I-140 petition is due to be submitted. I am to be included in this petition as a dependent.

Because I am in Germany, my own green card is to be applied for via the consular procedure, so that my wife would be my sponsor. That said the involved immigration lawyer.

My question: When can the consular procedure be filed? If the I-140 petition was approved? Or must the I-485 (Adjustment of status) have been approved?
in L1, L2, H4, B Visas & Misc by (330 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer 487 views
487 views asked Sep 16, 2016 in L1, L2, H4, B Visas & Misc by bose (120 points)
0 votes
1 answer 267 views
0 votes
1 answer 356 views