Did you apply for H1B visa ? Check H1B Processing times. Please add your H1B Application info to our H1B Tracker !
0 votes

I wonder if anyone can help shed some light on this.

I am currently on H1b status. My visa stamp is expired, but my I-797 is valid.

I am working for employer A, have valid I-797 until 6/30/18.

I am transferring to employer B- have valid I-797 beginning 7/1/18.

I am traveling abroad in April and will need a new visa stamp. When I come back I am going to work for employer A for two more months, and then immediately transfer to employer B.

Do I apply using I-797 for employer A? the one for employer B? Can I use both of them in order to have both jobs covered?

Not sure exactly how to do this. I'm trying to get a visa stamp with as late of expiry as possible, but don't want to risk getting stuck outside of the country.

Thanks for your help!
in H1B Visa by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
You should ideally file the change of employer petition after you return from your overseas travel.

The way to get both active and covered is by filing a concurrent petition.
by (1.3k points)

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer 136 views
0 votes
0 answers 222 views
222 views asked Sep 12, 2013 in H1B Visa by fatbuddy (290 points)
0 votes
1 answer 210 views
0 votes
1 answer 684 views