Visitor Visa (B2,Parents) USA- Documentation, Stamping Experience 2011 – Hyderabad, India
One of our readers, Ramakanth, was gracious to share his experience preparing documentation for Visitor Visa(B2) for his parents to visit USA in 2011 , including visa interview questions. Thanks to Ramakanth for taking time to share his experience with our readers. If you have any experience as well, please send it to redbus2us(at)gmail.com
Visitor Visa (B2) for USA – Documentation preparation & Visa Interview
My Parents got visiting visa (B2) for USA last week and I would like to give you a brief information on the Visiting Visa so that it helps others.
I filled the DS-160 forms online individually for my parents and got the HDFC receipts.
Visa stamping Appointment:
Booked appointment online at US Consulate, Hyderabad.
I scheduled same interview time for my parents by adding family member while taking appointment and I chose English as the Language for interview. (As my father would help my mother in translation)
Documents sent for Parents US Visa Stamping (2011):
- H1 approval copy
- Employment Letter
- Bank Statements and Transactions(6 months)
- Tax Forms (3yrs), I-134
- Passport copies
- Interview Letters
- DS Confirmations
- Invitation Letter
- Letter to Consulate
- Cover Letter to Consulate
- Birth Certificate(Notarized in India)
Documents my Parents Carried for Visa Interview:
- HDFC Receipts
- DS Confirmation
- All my Documents
- Property Documents
- Tax filing documents.
Parents US Visa interview Questions asked by Visa officer:
1. How many children? (I am the younger)
2. What does the elder son do? and where is he? (my bro is in India and work for IBM)
3. What was your occupation and what were the responsibilites?
4. How many months you are willing to stay in US?
5. What places will you visit?
6. What property do you have?
7. When will you return back?
8. Where does your son work?
9. To my mother, what about madam….Father replied, she is an Housewife.
My Tips for Visitor Visa :
- Be Specific in giving the answers.
- Be confident.
- Prepare for the answers ahead for the questions related to you (sponsor) like job title/type of work/yrs. of exp.
I hope this will help with the whole process and please email me if you have any questions.
Ramakanth - srgoud(at) gmail.com
You may also read : Process and Documents required Parents visa – Templates
Image credit : http://www.flickr.com/photos/varktherebel/3946614624/sizes/m/
Do you like the article ?
Like and Give Google +1 for this Article :