USCIS received 124,000 H1B Visa 2014 Petitions – Official Lottery Update Results
Comments have been disabled for this post as the thread has grown longer and email queue is clogged. Please use other threads or use the Q and A FORUM for discusson Apologize for the inconvenience
As predicted by us earlier on USCIS official news update date, USCIS did an official press release today disclosing the details of overall petitions received and lottery process followed, including results. Below is a brief summary of the H1B Visa 2014 news release.
USCIS Official News : Summary of H1B Visa 2014 Lottery Results press release
- Big News: For the first time in USCIS history since 2008, H1B Visas 2014 cap reached within the first week of filings, i.e, first week of April. You can check out US Economy and H1B Visa Lottery
- Total H1B Petitions received : USCIS received a total of 124,000 H1B Visa petitions for fiscal year 2014.
- Lottery Information : USCIS conducted a random computer generated random selection process, also called as lottery, on April 7th to select the petitions needed to meet the regular cap of 65,000 and masters cap of 20,000
- Lottery Process followed: As described in our detail H1B Visa Lottery process, USCIS followed the same thing. First USCIS conducted lottery process for Masters quota petitions and then the petitions not selected in masters lottery were merged with regular quota pool and random selection process was conducted for remaining pool to select 65,000 petitions.
- Petitions Not Selected in Lottery : If your petition was not selected in lottery, USCIS will reject and return the petition along with the filing fee, except for duplicate petitions.
- Premium Processing for H1B Visa 2014 : To facilitate the data entry process and meet the timelines, USCIS will begin premium processing for H1B Visa 2014 from April 15th.
- Non-Cap Subject Petitions Accepted : USCIS will continue to accept non-cap subject petitions i.e, that have already been counted towards to the cap, including petitions filed under below category
- H1B Visa stay extensions
- Employee terms changes for H1B visa worker
- H1B petitions filed for Change of employers
- H1B petitions filed for concurrent working for more than one employer
Did I miss anything ?
Do you have any questions ? What are your thoughts ?