Many of you have been waiting for this official news for quite a few days. The wait is over ! USCIS did an official press release earlier today stating that it has received enough number of petitions for H1B Visa 2015 quota. Below is a summary of the press release by USCIS.
Summary of the USCIS Press release :
- USCIS received enough number of petitions to fulfill the H1B Visa cap for fiscal year 2015
- More than 20,000 petitions were received for Masters Quota.
- The H1B Visa petitions acceptance window for FY 2015, ended today and no petitions will be accepted after today.
- Due to high volume of petitions received, they are still processing and will not be able to tell the exact data of the petitions received for conducting the random selection or lottery
- H1B 2015 Lottery Information
- USCIS will conduct a random selection ( H1B Lottery) for the Masters quota first and select 20,000 petitions.
- The Masters quota petitions not selected in the first round, will be put in to the pool of Regular quota and then random selection( lottery) will be held for the regular quota to choose 65,000 petitions.
- It will be done used a computer generated process. NO Manual work !
- USCIS will reject and return the all cap subject petitions that are not selected in lottery. If a duplicate is found, then the fee will not be returned.
- H1B Cap Exempt Petitions – Accepted
- USCIS will continue to accept the H1B 2015 cap exempt petitions
- Cap exempt petitions for H1B Extensions, Employer Changes, Employer terms and conditions changes, H1B petition for concurrent jobs, H1B petitions filed by research institutions
Similar press release was done for H1B FY 2014 that cap was reached and lottery was conducted last year. Also, You can read our H1B visa 2015 Lottery Predictions article. Our speculations were correct, we ended up in a lottery !
I know, you all might be curious to know how many petitions were filed and will I get picked in lottery. Unfortunately, you will have to wait for few more days as USCIS needs to process the applications for doing lottery. You can read How does USCIS H1B FY 2015 Lottery work ?
Reference : USCIS Website : USCIS Website H1B FY 2105 reached