As you know, USCIS announced on April 7th that they received enough number of petitions for filling the H1B Visa statutory cap for the fiscal year 2015. Also, they indicated that there were more petitions received and there would be lottery/ random selection process for the same. Today USCIS did an official press release stating the count of petitions received and process used. The below article focuses on the same.
Summary of USCIS Press Release : 172,500 Petitions Received
- USCIS received about 172,500 petitions towards the H1B Visa 2015 Cap. They received more than 20,000 petitions filed towards the Masters quota cap.
- Computer generated random selection/ Lottery was conducted by USCIS on the total H1B petitions received until April 7th.
- Lottery/ Random Selection Process :
- Computer Generated Random Selection process was used to execute lottery.( No need to worry about human process that can raise doubts )
- USCIS conducted lottery for Advanced Degree/ Masters degree quota petitions and selected 20,000 from them towards the Masters degree cap completion.
- The H1B petitions that were filed under master’s quota cap, but not selected in the first round of lottery were added to the regular quota lottery pool of petitions.
- Lottery was conducted with the above combined pool to select 65,000 petitions towards the Regular quota cap completion.
- USCIS will reject and return the H1B petitions with the filing fees that were not selected in the above lottery process ( No loss to the employer, only Attorney fees ), that were not found as duplicate. If duplicate, your money will not be returned !
- USCIS will begin premium processing of the H1B Petitions no later than April 28th ( it means that they could be process early as well )
- USCIS will continue to accept petitions that do not fall under H1B Cap, especially petitions that fall under below
- H1B Visa Extensions
- Petitions that were filed towards changes in terms of employment
- Employer change H1B petitions
- Second H1B petitions for concurrent working of an employee
- Petitions that are filed by Educational and research institutions
RedBus2US Lottery Predictions = USCIS Received Petitions FY 2015
We are very happy to say that our H1B Visa Lottery Predictions based on USCIS Data Trends were exactly in-line with the petitions received by USCIS. In February of this year, we predicted that USCIS would receive about 150K to 180 K petitions for FY 2015 quota, and our predictions were right ! We are very happy that our predictions have been consistently right ! Hope some of you were able to plan ahead of time with our predictions. All of our readers have been amazing and collaborating well. Thanks for all your support !
We are revamping our H1B Tracker, please add your case, if you get selected in lottery to our H1B Tracker ! It will be great to see the processing times.
What are your thoughts on this years H1B Season ? Did you expect more ?
What should USCIS do to meet the demand ?
Reference : USCIS Website : USCIS Reaches FY 2015