You may have completed all the pre-departure tasks for H1B Visa in your Home country and ready to leave to USA on H1B Visa. You might wonder what documents I need to carry for travel to be prepared for the Port of entry(POE) for verification/interview.
List of Documents to carry for Travel to America on H1B Visa :
- Passport with valid H1B Visa stamping on it.
- H1B Approval notice – Original form I-797
- Your offer letter given by the company that sponsored your H1B Visa
- The employee agreement that you may have signed with your H1B Sponsor
- Experience letters related to your previous work, if any
- Work related documents, if any, sent by your H1B Sponsor in America
- If you have any professional licenses or certificates, you can carry them as well.
- Your original educational degree certificates
- If you have MS or any other degree from America, you can carry below documents
- I20s from schools you attended
- OPT card related to your employment before H1B Visa
- Previous W2 forms, if you have worked on F1 Visa
Address and Contact information in USA
- You will need the address information of where you will stay in America. You will have to fill it out in the I-94 form that you submit at the port of entry. Make sure you have the address and contact number in USA.
- Also, you would need to carry the information of the person you are going to meet in America. It could be your manager or one of your company’s employees.
- You may not be asked to show these documents in transit aiports, when you are have connecting flights, but it is good to have all the info.
Did I miss anything ? Did you carry any other documents ?
Were you asked any other set of documents ?