Did you apply for H1B visa ? Check H1B Processing times. Please add your H1B Application info to our H1B Tracker !
0 votes

I moved to the US in March 2017(H1B)  and my spouse joined me(on H4) in August 2017. My visa expired on Jan 28th 2018. My Employer had filed my extension with USCIS on October 11th 2017 and it is still under process.

I tried reaching out to a tax firm to get my tax return filed jointly for me and my spouse. Since our Visa is already expired they advised we need to wait for the extension to be completed inorder to apply for ITIN for my wife.

Should i have my employer upgrade my extension petition to premium. Please advise.
asked in H1B Visa by (140 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
You can file taxes by April mid, so you may wait till then if you want to. Otherwise upgrade to premium
answered by (40.5k points)

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer 228 views
0 votes
1 answer 2.1k views
2.1k views asked Jul 28, 2012 in H1B Visa by suresh (490 points)
0 votes
1 answer 77 views
77 views asked Nov 28, 2016 in H1B Visa by meherbabu1983 (140 points)
0 votes
1 answer 2k views
2k views asked Feb 11, 2015 in H1B Visa by p_s_shah (120 points)
0 votes
1 answer 380 views