Did you apply for H1B visa ? Check H1B Processing times. Please add your H1B Application info to our H1B Tracker !
0 votes
I have a H1B valid till June 8th 2018. However, I want to change my visa status from H1B to H4.

Should I wait for my H4 to be approved to give a 2 week notice to my employer? Or can I give it as soon as I receive the H4 application receipt? Will I maintain a valid status if I stop working on H1B before H4 petition is approved?

Appreciate all the responses!

asked in L1, L2, H4, B Visas & Misc by (160 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
You may resign as soon as you get a receipt. Or the other best thing is to go out of country and get H4 stamped and come back (faster process)
answered by (40.5k points)
Appreciate your response! I have another follow up question if you can help.
Will the interview process be tricky since its change of status from H1 to H4?
Also, can I give the 2 weeks notice after the H4 approval? Will I be on the valid status for those 2 weeks to work?

Appreciate the response! Have a good one.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer 2.5k views
2.5k views asked Jul 4, 2013 in H1B Visa by harinat (150 points)
0 votes
1 answer 189 views
189 views asked Jan 3 in H1B Visa by cnu1254 (150 points)
0 votes
1 answer 229 views
229 views asked Sep 16, 2014 in H1B Visa by h1btraveller2013 (200 points)
0 votes
2 answers 6.2k views
6.2k views asked Sep 24, 2012 in H1B Visa by Dharan (210 points)
0 votes
1 answer 908 views
908 views asked Mar 13, 2013 in H1B Visa by Dk (120 points)