Did you apply for H1B visa ? Check H1B Processing times. Please add your H1B Application info to our H1B Tracker !
0 votes

My wife's I-765, Application for Employment was denied stating "USCIS records shows that you obtained lawful permanent resident status. Therefore, you no longer require employment authorization, and you employment authorization is denied." 

"This decision may not be appealed. However, if you disagree with this decision, or if you have additional evidence that shows this decision is incorrect, you may submit a motion to reopen or motion to reconsider by completing a Form I-290B". A motion to reopen must state the new facts to be considered and must be supported by affidavits or other new documentary evidence. A motion to reconsider must show that the decision was legally incorrect according to statute, regulation, and/or precedent decision." 

I'm on H1-B visa with approved I-140 and my wife has a valid H4 visa. And she not permanent resident. 

Has anybody faced similar issue? Any help or suggestion would be appreciated

asked in L1, L2, H4, B Visas & Misc by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
If neither of you are permanent residents yet, you can state this fact in a letter to USCIS requesting them for additional information on grounds for H-4 EAD denial.
answered by (76.7k points)
Should I just sent them letter for additional information. No I-290B?
The letter accompanies I-290B as cover page

Related questions

0 votes
0 answers 211 views
211 views asked Aug 23, 2017 in H1B Visa by raki.reply (240 points)
0 votes
1 answer 501 views
0 votes
1 answer 864 views
0 votes
0 answers 207 views
0 votes
0 answers 288 views