Did you apply for H1B visa ? Check H1B Processing times. Please add your H1B Application info to our H1B Tracker !
0 votes
I am currently working with Employer A in India from last one year. Employer A is one of the leading service companies in India and have office in US as well. I have applied H1B visa this year from another potential employer i.e Employer B and got successful into the H1B lottery 2017 last week. Employer B is a small Service Company/Consultancy.

But as I am looking for a long term association with Employer A, so I want to get this Visa transferred from Employer B to Employer A.  So I need your guidance for the process that I should follow to transfer my H1B to Employer A. Employer B has shared soft copy of I-797C with me over the email, that has I129 Acknowledgement Receipt number in it.

I have few questions in my mind at this point of time, please help me to illuminate these doubts.

1.    What is the right time/process to transfer H1B Visa in this case?
     - Can I transfer it before stamping (right now)
     - or It can be transferred only after stamping (in October)?
2.    If Visa transfer can be done only after stamping, then do I need to travel US and get 3 payslips from Employer B before initiating transfer to other Employer (I have read this somewhere, but not sure in my case) ? Or there is no need to travel to US and it can be transferred from India itself without payslips after stamping.    
3.    Do I need to inform/or take consent of Employer B, before initiating Visa transfer process.
4.    Can Employer B cancel my petition or stop my Visa transfer process?
5.    As Employer B has shared the soft copy of I-797C with me. To get this Visa transferred to Employer A, do we need to Hard copy of the same or some other document as well?
6.    Employer B might have spent some cost also (some amount of $6460.00 is mentioned on the receipt that I have got), how that amount will be adjusted.
    - For e.g. Do Employer A have to pay that fee again and Employer B will get that amount back. Or some other way is there.
asked in H1B Visa by (120 points)
Did you get your answer? I'm kind of in the same situation.

Please log in or register to answer this question.